Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

FIX coordinates. P3Dv4.4

Hello,

Recently, I just have reinstalled P3D and 747 on the new system and ran into quite unusual issue - I cannot type the FIX distance coordinates further than 499 miles. For example, for CYYQ I can type 003/400, but when I type 003/800, I'm receiving "Invalid Format" error. 

Any ideas why?

Thank you in advance

Dimitriy Troporov.

There is a limit to how far PBD waypoints work, not sure but apparently its 500 nm base on your observation. Why  would you need such a thing....never mind, not important.  There are many alternatives such as using a different place in the PBD expression or use a lat/lon coordinate.

Dan Downs KCRP

18 hours ago, downscc said:

There is a limit to how far PBD waypoints work, not sure but apparently its 500 nm base on your observation. Why  would you need such a thing....never mind, not important.  There are many alternatives such as using a different place in the PBD expression or use a lat/lon coordinate.

Dan,

I'd like to have 400/800/1200 radius circles for ETOPS airports while flying over the pond. Have zero issues with NGX/777, but 747's FMC does not allow me to do that.

Dimitriy Troporov

24 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Dan,

I'd like to have 400/800/1200 radius circles for ETOPS airports while flying over the pond. Have zero issues with NGX/777, but 747's FMC does not allow me to do that.

Dimitriy Troporov

Different planes, different FMC. The max distances for the 744 fix page we use now are the ones used in the real plane

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The limit is 511, because of the old hardware installed in the 747-400's FMC.

And, you won't need the ETOPS circles because it doesn't apply to B744 until now (though it applies to B748).

Edited by Volleyball
  • Like 1

Chi-cheng Liu

LOGO.png