Sign in to follow this  
Rolf Winterscheidt

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 X-Plane v2.4.3 Released!

Thank you for updating! The 430 v2 is like the real thing, so awesome! 

When using as NAV2 and controlled via the X-Plane's GNS430-1 I encounter some problems like I can switch frequencies with X-Plane's GNS430-1 but the display (NAV, NRST, etc.) need to be changed by X-Plane's GNS430-2. Ok, not the way you usually do it, I understand. 

And a different (easier?) issue: When completely switching to NAV2 and control by X-Plane's GNS430-2 I can use all know and dials, great! Just one single thing: Pressing the "nearer & farer" knob on the right upper side, it works the opposite way, means showing the map nearer is pressing the arrow up button to be farther away. Can this be fixed? Maybe even in the config?

Background: Why do I even need to control your RXP 430v2 via the internal GNS? Simply I bought hardware that controls the internal GNS (from realsimgear.com) and cannot control the RXP directly. 

Best regards

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

thank you for your kind words!

I'm not sure to understand the first part, about NAV2 via X-Plane's GNS #1. The 'Use Simulator GPS Commands' setting is designed to facilitate third-party hardware and software (aircraft) integration, via the native and embedded command set. This way, there is no need for special hardware drivers nor proprietary commands, it just works!

You can still use the keyboard shortcuts though if needed, or in cases where they would be more appropriate. Our GNS (and GTN) also come with their own set of 'RXP/GNS/...' commands!

It appears the most natural way to make it just work is to default RXP GNS #1 to native GPS #1 commands, and default RXP GNS #2 to native GPS #2 commands. Do you mean you'd like to be able to re-assign for example RXP GNS #2 to native GPS #1 commands instead?

As for the near/far: the GNS Up/Down commands map respectively to 'sim/GPS/g430n1_zoom_out' and 'sim/GPS/g430n1_zoom_in'. I'd suspect the aircraft you are using it have reversed button mapping compared to the real GNS 430?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Whatever has caused the switched buttons: I just configured up to down and vice versa on the hardware side and it works. Hardware and RealityXP software together now give my sim such an upgrade, that’s really outstanding! It’s indeed exactly like the real one, I’m so happy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1