Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Aerial Refueling

Not bothered to watch if that website wants to bombard me with advertising garbage!

• Like 1

Navy pilots hate refueling from a KC-135. The boom that Air Force pilots love so well creates turbulent air that is constantly and erratically moving the drogue around.

BTW, Air Force airplanes are female and Navy airplanes are males...if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

Navy pilots hate refueling from a KC-135. The boom that Air Force pilots love so well creates turbulent air that is constantly and erratically moving the drogue around.

BTW, Air Force airplanes are female and Navy airplanes are males...if you know what I mean.

The boom can transfer fuel at 3-4 times the rate of the probe-and-drogue.

When Air Force tanker aircraft refuel Navy acft, they strap a drogue onto the boom.  So, actually, the Navy is a male hooking up with another male using a strap-on (if you know what I mean).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

22 minutes ago, w6kd said:

The boom can transfer fuel at 3-4 times the rate of the probe-and-drogue.

When Air Force tanker aircraft refuel Navy acft, they strap a drogue onto the boom.  So, actually, the Navy is a male hooking up with another male using a strap-on (if you know what I mean).

hope nobody saw the coffee coming out of my nose.

58 minutes ago, w6kd said:

.  So, actually, the Navy is a male hooking up with another male using a strap-on (if you know what I mean).

Sounds more like a merkin to me! (if you know what I mean!):wacko:  Think I'll run away and hide😱

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

No, more akin to a squirting female, if you know what I mean.

I was fortunate enough to witness an in air refueling from a KC-135 a few years back on my way to KSFO.  The only one I've seen in real life and got to watch it for at least 15 minutes.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

I was fortunate enough to witness an in air refueling from a KC-135 a few years back on my way to KSFO.  The only one I've seen in real life and got to watch it for at least 15 minutes.

I actually got to ride/sit 3rd seat in an EKA-3B Skywarrior cat and trap aboard the Saratoga in 1969.  It was a "spin" flight...first a/c launched and last recovered for that cycle.  My job was to report a/c number on each coming up to add fuel before entering the landing pattern and trapping aboard. Way better than a carnival ride:blink:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, vc10man said:

Not bothered to watch if that website wants to bombard me with advertising garbage!

What advertising garbage? All I see are some suggested videos one might wish to also watch on the right side... :happy:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, Henry Street said:

I do know what you mean. <giggle!> :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

13 minutes ago, n4gix said:

What advertising garbage? All I see are some suggested videos one might wish to also watch on the right side... :happy:

Not what I saw at this end.

7 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Not what I saw at this end.

Strange. This is what I see just using IE11 and no ad-blocker at all:

CyiCD.png

Fr. Bill    

(A) Did not see what you depict here, and (B)To see that, Fr Bill, using Firefox, ------albeit an older version, cause, quite frankly, Mozilla have lost their way in the browser game, and their latest Firefox is so utterly pants, I refuse to use it------so, as we have GDPR in force, here in Europe, I was being targeted access to that page only by agreeing with transferring my data to the USA ! No thank you. I'd rather do without your advertising spiel.