Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Some more over eastern AZ

Over my homespun Ortho4XP AZ scenery, not far from the AZ/NM border out of El Paso, headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor.  My last flight out of El Paso was in a CRJ 200, an aircraft I loved to hate because the windows were so low you had to crane your neck to see out.  The CRJ 700/900 fixed the problem in spades, my two fav regional jets with their 2x2 seating.  Last flight I took on a CRJ 700/900 was to Santa Ana with my lovely daughter on our way to Disneyland to celebrate one of her birthdays with my grammar school principal and 81 year old friend, Henry Aschbrenner and his wonderful wife Dixie, who came to Disneyland that year to surprise my daughter with a birthday dinner and $50.00 Disney gift card.  Mr. Ashbrenner works for Concordia Lutheran University even past age 80 as a fundraiser, former dean  of the University and I helped inspire his IT program.  We meet yearly for dinner and good spiritual fellowship.  He knew of my dream to fly aircraft and was so proud to hear I became a student pilot. 

In 1975 I did a science fair project on the Rogallo wing vs. the conventional wing, which inspired the Space Shuttle design.  My project won third place in the California State science fair and inspired motorized trikes, which I later learned to fly in 2008.  My tiny contribution to aviation.  I was invited by a CFI for IASCO, which trained JAL pilots on Falcons, Beech turboprops and Pipers, but I could not take them up on their offer due to my other schooling commitments.  I did not fly GA until a friend from Highschool, now a Facebook buddy Doug Brambrink, invited me and a friend up for a full moon flight over the SF Bay in 1979.  My friend and I felt the inkling to drive to Napa County airport and ran into Doug who simply said "wanna go up".  Like the Godfather Don Corleoni he made us an offer we could not refuse or maybe me being an Italian and Godfather of my family I made him a psychic offer he and my friend could not refuse, lol....  Enough of the backstory, on to my pics!

Cactus521

Kabc60w.png

2t63Nni.png

otaXb8J.png

bo6z6Tv.png

mBajrpH.png

COLYink.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The dreary desert is turning more and more interesting, John, thanks to your explorations and backstories....very nice shots of this unique topography!

• Like 2

Great color in your shots!

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.