Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

Realair Duke Turbine Linda File Question?

I have downloaded and installed many of the Add-on LINDA files and they all work great except for the "RealAir Duke v1.1" file.

When I load the RealAir Duke Turbine in P3Dv4.4  LINDA does not recognize it and sees it as just another a "Default FSX" aircraft.

I am able to assign any buttons I like but LINDA isn't associating it with the custom file folder giving me access to all the special functions the author developed.

Has anyone else had this issue? Perhaps it's related to the way we all had to create our own add-on folder and xlm files to get it to work in version P3Dv4 ?

Aslo I noticed there is nothing in the linda.cfg > aircrafts > RealAir Duke B60 V2 folder and it is the only linda.cfg file of all my add-ons that has nothing in it?

Please advise

Joe

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi Joe

I may be wrong, but the RealAir Duke is an older aircraft that is unlikely to be compatible with the P3Dv4 revised add-on structure. It is designed to install in the P3D/simobjects/airplanes directory - this is perfectly valid. LINDA should then find it and correctly identify it.

As you suggest you have installed it is the 'new' /documents/prepar3d v4 add-ons directory, you will need to create your own add-on.xml file in the RealAir Duke folder pointing to its SimObjects and Effects folders.

AddonXML.jpgThe /linda-cfg/aircrafts/realair-duke folder will be empty as no MCP default configurations (config-mcpX.default) are provided - it is too old (2012). If correctly formatted, LINDA will find the aircraft and allocate the module.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for the response but I already have an xml file in in the directory I created to install the Duke into P3D:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">

<AddOn.Name>RealAir Turbine Duke V2</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>RealAir Turbine Duke V2</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Effects</Category>

<Path>Effects</Path>

</AddOn.Component>  

</SimBase.Document>

Any reason you can figure as to why it's not recognizing it?

Could it be the aircraft name isn't exactly the same as the LINDA Add-on file name??

In the LINDA folder   LINDA > aircrafts > RealAir Duke B60 V2 > indent.lua     it has one line of code:

simfolder="RealAir Duke B60 V2"   should this be changed to "RealAir Duke Turbine V2" since that's where the file is i.e.:

Prepar3D v4 Add-ons > Turbine Duke V2 P3D4 > Simobjects > Airplanes > RealAir Duke Turbine V2

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Joe

SOLVED 

I changed the line of code in LINDA > aircrafts > RealAir Duke B60 V2 > indent.lua  to read "RealAir Duke Turbine V2" where my simfolder was located and it now works!

Thanks again for the wonderful product and support!

Edited by joepoway

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Glad you got it sorted. The LINDA ident.lua needs to match all or part of the installed aircraft directory name. For example, for Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321 the part simfolder entry is "Aerosoft A3" to match all the variants of the aircraft. You can check this my clicking Edit and start typing in the 'Aircraft search string' until you get a unique match to cover all installed variants of an aircraft add-on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew