Sign in to follow this  
av8t0r

PMDG - Tell us the real status for the JS41 and P3D V4

3 hours ago, ckyliu said:

@Ephedrin you cut out the most important part! 

But even if I was serious (which for clarity I WASN'T), heaven forbid someone should express less than full backing for an in-development PMDG product eh?

I took it serious, sorry. I often miss these language related jokes as I simply don't know them in a for me foreign language. 

Same to you Kyle, sry. I absolutely don't like arguments and all above I hate insults and I took it as one and independent from the persons involved I tend to try to calm people down.. Sometimes the differences in languages make this more of a joke than a success 😄 Directly translated into German there wouldn't have anything been funny ^^

Again, I apologize. 

As someone who has taken several aircraft from FSX to P3DV4.... I have to tell you guys that it's not a simple Port, in no way, shape of forum. If it WAS a simple port then I could give you instructions to do it yourself... but it's FAR from it.  In fact, it's a LOT different, and a LOT of things have have to be done over and done differently.

The one thing that does reduce the time is that the model is already done.

Anyway, coming from a perspective that this is a Simple Port just sets you up for not understanding the amount of work involved, and I just wanted to put that out there.  I don't follow the JS41 project.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

13 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I knew it'd trigger peeps if I didn't qualify it! But in all seriousness I am a bit annoyed because I stayed on FSX a long time purely for the J41. I reformatted, upgraded and switched to P3Dv4 partly because PMDG said the J41 would be released for it soon. Then GFO reared its ugly head and pooped the party (especially annoying given the mixed reception its announcement got), very frustrating to see an apparently nearly finished J41 port deprived of resources to overcome its final few hurdles.

More fool me I guess - I've said for years make purchase decisions based solely on current product state, not future intentions of the developer!

What in the world is GFO?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

On 1/16/2019 at 6:20 PM, Ephedrin said:

Oh come on...

„Then GFO reared its ugly head and pooped thparty(especially annoying given the mixed reception its announcement got)“

Sth like that is like a kick in the face...

So is the fact that the "soon to be released" status of the J41 was nothing but empty words. I can't care less about GFO, at least, not from PMDG. From PMDG I expect aircraft. But I take it even further. I didn't want the J41 with the GTN. The J41 back in the days was released with its very unique navigation system. Without that, I don't actually care about the J41 either, even if it ever gets released.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I am a bit lost, sorry...

Just had a look at the PMDG website and found this:
http://67.215.169.55/pages/products/P3D/JS4100.html

PMDG JETSTREAM JS4100 For Prepar3D
*Product tested with Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3.3 and up. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PREPAR3D 2.x.

So, if I purchase that product from PDG, will it run in P3D4 v4.5? What else would v3.3 and up mean?

Thank for an informed reply in advance.

Cheers
Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

@Scorpio47 I got excited when I saw your post. However, your link doesn’t work. On the PMDG site, you can only see the js4100 on the FSX product page. 

Where you looking somewhere else?

Cheers,

Colin

Edited by rowcoach