Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Carenado Falcon 50....any luck getting it to follow GTN?

@fppilot  Configuration Panel | Aircraft Flight Manual Supplement (AFMS) | GPS Selected

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

10 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Roberto....would you mind sharing your panel.cfg entries....I'm struggling to know how to exactly replace the F1 GTN lines in Ramon's cfg with the RXP ones.

Update....I have it partially working...one issue (that may have been fixed with 1.2 is the source is reading VOR1...but in the HSI it shows GPS and it in fact now tracing it ok! 🙂

More updates when I have them....would like to see the guage in the VC as I've never really tried it....maybe I'll like it 🙂

Hi Steve. Sure:

>===============================================

2D Window:

//- MFD PROLINE21 -------------------------------------------------------
[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=937,887
position=8
visible=0
ident=14401
position=8
window_size= 0.353, 0.577
zorder=99
type=SPECIAL

//gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT1.POP
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  0,0,937,887

// windowssizeX = (window_sizeY * size_mmX / size_mmY) * 9 / 16

VC:

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=CARPROLINE21_FA50!GTN_Proline_Config_FA50,  0,0,10,10
gauge01=CARPROLINE21_FA50!Proline_Common_Update,  0,0,10,10
gauge02=CARPROLINE21_FA50!Proline_C_Patch,  0,0,10,10
gauge03=CARPROLINE21_FA50!GTN_HS25B_pfdVC,  0,0,512,636
//gauge04=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  572,-42,394,620,UNIT1
gauge04=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  579, 69, 385, 510,NO_BEZEL
gauge05=FA50CAR!ToggleCARPFD,  32,0,426,64
gauge06=RBUTIL!GTN_DUMMY,  544,0,464,64
gauge07=EFISSTBYFA50!EFIS,  0,636,382,388
gauge08=CarSound_FA50!CarSound,  0,0,5,5
gauge09=CarSound_FA50CALL!CarSound,  2,2,5,5
gauge10=CarSound_FA50BTNSWKNOB!CarSound,  5,5,5,5
gauge11=CARFA50_PROLINE21!PROLINE21,  0,0,1,1
gauge12=RBUTIL!toggle_GTN_14401,  502,325,60,180
gauge13=RBUTIL!ToggleDirectTo, 985,395,60,50    // Updated Version 1.0.1
gauge14=;RBEUTIL!Control_initfa50, 1,1,1,1    // Removed Version 1.0.1     
gauge15=RBUTIL!ToggleFLINFO, 576, 0, 484,  64     // FOR TESTS ONLY
gauge16=RBUTIL!toggle_InstrRefl, 985,595,60,60  // NEW Version 1.0.1

>===============================================

Everything else unchanged.

Make sure that your RealityXP.GTN.ini file calls for the GPS to drive HSI and Autopilot and the CDI mode to drive NAV/GPS. Hope this be useful.

Best Regards,

Roberto

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ralvarez232 said:

size_mm=937,887
window_size= 0.353, 0.577

I think this should be one or the other.

For info:

size_mm is the window size which depends on Window00/whole panel size.
when using size_mm, all gauges coordinates (x,y,w,h) are in pixels with 937,887 bottom right corner.

window_size is in percent of the screen, with 1.0,1.0 bottom right corner of the screen.
When using window_size all gauges coordinates are in percent with 100,100 bottom right corner.

I usually prefer using _size than _mm and this is also what the Panel Assistant uses when creating popup windows. The advantage is that you don't have to change all gauge## values when you change window size in the panel.cfg file because gauge coordinates are expressed as percentages.

You might find more details here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

7 minutes ago, RXP said:

I think this should be one or the other.

For info:

size_mm is the window size which depends on Window00/whole panel size.
when using size_mm, all gauges coordinates (x,y,w,h) are in pixels with 937,887 bottom right corner.

window_size is in percent of the screen, with 1.0,1.0 bottom right corner of the screen.
When using window_size all gauges coordinates are in percent with 100,100 bottom right corner.

I usually prefer using _size than _mm and this is also what the Panel Assistant uses when creating popup windows. The advantage is that you don't have to change all gauge## values when you change window size in the panel.cfg file because gauge coordinates are expressed as percentages.

You might find more details here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

Hi Jean-Luc. Thanks for your comments. Yes, you are right. Those values are just for my preference on the size and position of the 2d window.

Cheers,

Roberto

2 hours ago, RXP said:

@fppilot  Configuration Panel | Aircraft Flight Manual Supplement (AFMS) | GPS Selected

OK. Found it! I note that the choices there are mostly to disable features. Any plans to flesh out descriptions of what each influences?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@fppilot

The latest GTN v2.5.11 and GNS v2.4.6 AFMS settings section is now simpler to use and default to 'factory' settings. Our products expose these for our HOME/Personal Use customers but if not for a 3rd party aircraft vendor specific needs, they are mostly of any use for our Professional customers.

They shall be self-explanatory for the most part as well except maybe a couple few, but please keep in mind these are not pilot accessible either in the real world and exist only to tailor the device to specific panel/instrument integration (like the GPS Select primarily used for BK A/P). Anyway for detailed information you might want to lookup the GTN Installation Manual?

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Hey guys, just a rather dumb question. Does anyone know how to get the Falcon 50 to load in sim with the winglets already installed on the model? I like how it looks with the winglets and I'm wondering if they can be permanently installed on the model whenever I load the sim. Thanks for any input. 

On 1/16/2019 at 1:06 PM, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi Steve. The PL21 gauges in the Carenado Falcon 50 have been completely rewritten, Thats the reason it does not work with tht GTN 750's. However, there is an excellent mod by Ramon Barreda (@RamonB) that fix this and works great. It was based on F1 GTN but I tested it with the great RXP GTN 750  and works OK. I suggest you go to the the Carenado Falcon 50 forum in Avsim (https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/357-the-carenado-support-forum/) and PM Ramon with your email address and he will sent you the mod. You won't regret!!

Best REgards,

Roberto Alvarez

I'd like to ask your help. I had the mod by ramon, installed it and than changed the gauges for the rxp one. Nav does not follow my gtn so how did you do it? 

1 hour ago, vincent357 said:

I'd like to ask your help. I had the mod by ramon, installed it and than changed the gauges for the rxp one. Nav does not follow my gtn so how did you do it? 

Hi Vincent. Probably has to do with the RXP GTN configuration file (RealityXP.GTN in the aircraft file). Make sure that it is set to connect CDI mode to NAV/GPS (AutoNavGps = true). Also set GTN to use Simulator GPS commands (UseSimGpsCmds = true). Also make sure to set both the GTN and PDF CDI's to GPS when flying and following a flight plan. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Roberto

18 hours ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi Vincent. Probably has to do with the RXP GTN configuration file (RealityXP.GTN in the aircraft file). Make sure that it is set to connect CDI mode to NAV/GPS (AutoNavGps = true). Also set GTN to use Simulator GPS commands (UseSimGpsCmds = true). Also make sure to set both the GTN and PDF CDI's to GPS when flying and following a flight plan. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Roberto

Hye Roberto

Thanks for the advice. I seem to remember this was an issue as well when I set it up for the phenom 300. I got it to work there thru the config menu in the sim. I looked the config file up and the lines aren't even there in the file. Can I just add them there?

Greetings,

Vincent

5 hours ago, vincent357 said:

Hye Roberto

Thanks for the advice. I seem to remember this was an issue as well when I set it up for the phenom 300. I got it to work there thru the config menu in the sim. I looked the config file up and the lines aren't even there in the file. Can I just add them there?

Greetings,

Vincent

Hi Vincent. Values set at default do not show in the RealityXP.GTN and I don't really know if these are default. Anyway, there is no harm putting them manually. Try them and let me know if it worked out.

Best regards,

Roberto

On 10/20/2019 at 9:34 AM, Ralvarez232 said:

I don't really know if these are default. Anyway, there is no harm putting them manually.

Hi,

You might want to review the RXP GTN User's Manual for further details. For example p5 about "Optimize the Settings File".

Also p19:
• Let the plugin create a new ini file from scratch in order to find out what each default settings values are.
• Make sure to opt-out the 'Optimize Settings' option in the GUI Configuration Panel in order to let the plugin
save all available setting option with their default values.

Hi guys,

so is it finally possible to integrate Reality XP GTN 750 into FA50 by Carenado, I mean in VC? sorry if the question seems stupid but I have not understood if this discussion describes how to adapt the GTN 750 in the VC or something else.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270