Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

Leonardo Software MD-90(potentially) Question

Hi community,

Does anyone of you have any info will good old Leo make MD-90?I've heard from a guy on FS Elite(via comment) that there were rumors circulating around their facebook page that they could possibly make one.Bear with me,I don't have facebook so I can't see what's going on in their group so I can't come up with any conclusion on my own.

Maybe someone has a info he/she could share

Edited by Stefan888

The rumor is that I heard from a friend from a friend's sister in law that he doesn't know anything about a MD90

May be it is wise to ask these kind of question directly to LeonardoSH...

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

They already said just a few weeks ago no MD90 was planned. 

• Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

They already said just a few weeks ago no MD90 was planned. 

Thank you for replying mate,but I believe that they said same thing for 83/88 at the beginning or am I mistaken.

Thanks for replying,

Edited by Stefan888

35 minutes ago, Stefan888 said:

Thank for replying mate,but I believe that they said same thing for 83/88 at the beginning or am I mistaken.

Thanks for replying,

No, pretty sure they never said that.  The 83/88 was always planned but always slated for a separate release.  Same with a slew of other features.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

21 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

No, pretty sure they never said that.  The 83/88 was always planned but always slated for a separate release.  Same with a slew of other features.

Ok thank you for replying.

So we can't expect MD-90 that's logical since there isn't any availabile data in Europe only operator that I am aware of is Delta.

46 minutes ago, Stefan888 said:

So we can't expect MD-90 that's logical since there isn't any availabile data in Europe only operator that I am aware of is Delta.

Makes sense, i didnt think anyone in Europe flew the 82 83 or the 88 anymore. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Are there any system differences between the MD-88 and the MD-90?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Stefan888 said:

Depends on what you mean by expect.  I would never give an absolute answer to this as I don't have their development roadmap. But you can always show interest in it directly to the team.  They seem very receptive to input.

I was just saying they have never hidden the fact the 83/88 was coming at some point.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Are there any system differences between the MD-88 and the MD-90?

Significant

• Like 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

Significant

Interesting. Is it more modern?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

28 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Interesting. Is it more modern?

Not necessarily as what you see on the flight deck (3D Modeling). But things like the engine EEC or whatever it uses would require the team to rework all three engine dynamics and performance they have modelled so far.  That would probably be the largest difference.  But that's not as small a thing as it sounds.  To put it in perspective. The team has gone so far as to as realistically as possible replicating engine start temps due to variances in ambient temperature.  All those small details would have to be redone.  And that's just the engines....

Edited by thibodba57
  • Like 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Is the MD90 flight deck and avionics not similar to the 717?

Vic green

12 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

No (Exception is Saudia).  The MD-95 which became the B717 is when the transition really took place.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

13 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Nope.Cockpit as well as systems are similar to MD 80 with some huge improvements in regards to engines,flight controls,brakes...etc.

Although Saudi Arabiain ordered an MD-90  that has a cockpit similar to MD-11 rather than 717