Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

Leonardo Software MD-90(potentially) Question

What will they do then? AN MD-11??... THAT would be AWESOME!! They can't just simply stop the great phylosopy there... They must hide something under their sleeves...

6 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

What will they do then? AN MD-11??... THAT would be AWESOME!! They can't just simply stop the great phylosopy there... They must hide something under their sleeves...

My personal opinion is that they could go for MD-11 since there are numerous companies still using MD-11 around Europe,as cargo plane tough,but MD-90 is only available in mainland US.

37 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Not necessarily as what you see on the flight deck (3D Modeling). But things like the engine EEC or whatever it uses would require the team to rework all three engine dynamics and performance they have modelled so far.  That would probably be the largest difference.  But that's not as small a thing as it sounds.  To put it in perspective. The team has gone so far as to as realistically as possible replicating engine start temps due to variances in ambient temperature.  All those small details would have to be redone.  And that's just the engines....

Agree we have lack of data on the MD-90

TFDI didn't get all the data for 717 and they are in US.

Ok now you guys are stepping way off into the deepend.  I don't know how you made the connection between MD-80 and MD-11. This is one I'm certain I can say won't happen.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

12 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Ok now you guys are stepping way off into the deepend.  I don't know how you made the connection between MD-80 and MD-11. This is one I'm certain I can say won't happen.

Analytically you are right but when I read your comment regarding how much work has to be done to engines alone MD-90 also seems light years away if even that.

It's all to the LH team to decide, cuz i don't buy the fact they would stop the line here. They have to prepare something. As Md-90 seems the easiest in terms of modelling it's true that it requires data tho. But I frankly don't think this would be an issue for them. after all, they did the rare -88 version,and I don't think it even features same thrust ratings as the -83 for example. However, as the team is to my knowledge based in Italy, it could be an issue, as there are 0 md-90s in europe whatsoever. On the other hand, the md-11 would be promising both in terms of success and commercially. In fact, I don't know any of the larger airports that don't see an ups or even fedex md-11 every couple of nights in europe. That being said, it can't be done on a day. As the MD-11 features two engine types (CF6-80 and PW4400) and could be found as pax, cargo or even freighter, that makes at least 4 versions, demanding different data in accordance. But it has tons of cool quarks; such as teh deflected ailerons or even the smaller stab and the legendary avionics. 

IMO it'll be a go-go for me if they ever do any of them. They just need some time and motivation. THEIR TEAM ROCKS. and the stuff they do is well worth the money IMO. In fact, I don't know about you but personnally I find their fares cheaper to PMDGs. (But hey,don't wanna start an argument again....)

@LH340fan

Again we jump from MD-80 to MD-11.  While I sympathize with people wanting a quality MD-11.  I do NOT see it happening with Leonardo, not ever.  The only thing I can think the two aircraft in common is b@#$hin Betty.  Your best hopes for an -11 is from TFDI.

The -88 is almost the exact aircraft as the -83.  Same powerplant.  Some differences in systems up front is the only thing I can think of that really required programming.  So again the jump to the -90 is still a very big one.

Edited by thibodba57

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries