Sign in to follow this  
haseen

Vertxsim DA62 and Little Nav Map: P3D v4.4.

Dear:

Just now I downloaded/installed Little Nav Map (LNP). I made a flight plan in the LNP and saved the same as .PLN in the Docs\P3D v4 Files. But I can't 'see' it in the Flight Plan Catalog of Vertxsim DA62 G1000. Kindly help.

Haseen Ahmad.

Edited by haseen

13 minutes ago, haseen said:

Dear:

Just now I downloaded/installed Little Nav Map (LNP). I made a flight plan in the LNP and saved the same as .PLN in the Docs\P3D v4 Files. But I can't 'see' it in the Flight Plan Catalog of Vertxsim DA62 G1000. Kindly help.

Haseen Ahmad.

To test it you could try loading it through the Prepar3D Flight Planner, if you also use ASP4 weather it will also load it in to that at the same time.

bob

Haseen,

you can watch a demo how to use LNM flight plans in my video "part 4A", after the intro. Standard path for flight plans is within the documents folder, Prepar3D V4 files. I learned that there  are AVSIM users who disabled display of signatures, therefore:

Edited by rudi0310

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Dear Rudi:

Thank you so much for the video. 

I am having problem with ILS at my home base VGHS (old VGZR). I use latest 'sors.fr' nav data for p3d v4.4. I set the rw 14 ILS approach, CDI to radio nav i. e. green course pointer. AP modes are HDG and ALT at 1500 ft. I established the plane at approx. 40 deg. intercept angle to the localiser. And armed NAV mode. (Will arm APP later on) But the plane goes past the localiser and establishes far left of the loc/runway centerline at runway heading 144 deg.

Any suggestion please?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Bangladesh.

Dear Haseen,

thanks for the feedback.

I can not say anything regarding "Sors", sorry, using FSAerodata here. I did not check that at VGHS so far using FSAerodata. From what you post, I do not know for sure if you armed really the approach or if you have set up ILS manually. To name only one question arising here regarding your query.

Most time I try to answer such questions it ends up in that I perform several test flights regarding the flight plan in question and at other airports/under different conditions to compare. All in all most time work for several hours. This represents my understanding on how to process such queries.

I produced these videos, 110+ hours of work. And took care of the AVSIM community during pre-release, during the "release night" and after release. And perform beta tests. All in all a "24/7" task. I try to help were I can, but have to limit that in time from now, regarding the actual conditions. There are other tasks I have to take care for also. I ask the AVSIM community for understanding.

I am a beta tester on a volunteer base.

Regards,

Rudi,

South West Germany

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

Haseen,

Did you set the HSI course to 144 for that ILS Approach?

Ive had a similar problem where i forget to set the HSI and it doesn't pick up the localizer.

Dear:

I set ILS freq 109.50 in PFD active navigation radio window, set course to 144 deg. Armed NAV, PFD roll mode window showed HDG green and LOC white. Established intercept heading 104 deg. beleow GS. Still AP can't intercept and maintain localiser. Goes to far left with hdg 144. And proceeds off track.

Haseen.

Haseen,

ok, it seems you config ILS manually, setting ILS freq, course and CDI mode by hand. Does white "LOC" status message turn into green? To be sure, localizer gets captured, and aircraft turns to a course of 144 deg? Not aligned with the runway centerline, "far left" means how much?

Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Dear Rudi:

1. Yes, LOC turns green from white.

2. Loc dev bar shows airplane 1.5 dot to the left of runway centerline. Plane keeps on descending down the gs, mode GS green, heading 144, but 1.5 dot to the left. I tried the same approach with flight1 King Air B200 G1000. It can maintain centerline satisfactorily.

Haseen.

Dear:

Can Vertx DA62 G1000 changeover approach from GPS NAV to ILS automatically? If yes, is there any video tutorial on that?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

23 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear Rudi:

1. Yes, LOC turns green from white.

2. Loc dev bar shows airplane 1.5 dot to the left of runway centerline. Plane keeps on descending down the gs, mode GS green, heading 144, but 1.5 dot to the left. I tried the same approach with flight1 King Air B200 G1000. It can maintain centerline satisfactorily.

Haseen.

Dear Haseen,

it seems you do all right. The B200 seems to use a Navigraph nav data base, is completely different, comparison makes no sense.

4 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear:

Can Vertx DA62 G1000 changeover approach from GPS NAV to ILS automatically? If yes, is there any video tutorial on that?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

basically, you can watch part 4B and choose an ILS approach instead of DGPS LPV. It also demonstrates VNAV again, no need to engage this to fly an ILS. Note: CDI mode will change from GPS to LOC without pilot's action needed. GS has to be armed by the pilot as you already did. 

Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

Dear Rudi:

Thanks again for your reply. Last night I tried to make a flight from VGHS to VGSY. There is no approach to be selected for VGSY in the G1000. It appears that the ILS approach is not included in the G1000 database. Is there any way to include that approach in the database? ( there is an ILS RW11, 111.50, course 115 at VGSY ). In this situation, I think auto tune of ILS is not possible. Could you recommend few airports where I can try that auto nav switching from GPS NAV to LOC?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Dear Haseen,

your questions have no relationship to Little Navmap anymore (there is also a LNM subsection here at AVSIM). "We"  try to collect any questions regarding the Vertx DA 62 in this thread

you might post your questions there. Or one of the mods might merge the threads.

To include the ILS RWY 11 approach at VGSY only there is no simple way AFAIK. I use the nav data from https://www.fsaerodata.com/ and had a quick look, this approach is included, but I did not fly it, not sure if it works, if the data of "airport itself" "differ" from the nav data base, which might have caused the "parallel shift" you observed at VGHS, or if there are other issues.

I moved from P3D default nav data to FSAerodata, and I do not know which scenery addons you have installed, to recommend an airport makes no sense IMO. Aero sors you use does not update approaches/procedures AFAIK. The P3D default data are from 2005, all major airports wordlwide have had ILS approaches to that date. Notably in Europe, US, Canada. EDDF, KJFK, KSFO, KLAX, KSEA, KATL... In the approach page of the Vertx G1000, you can change airport while on ground and have a look this way which approaches/transitions a particular airport has.

Cheers

Rudi

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig