Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Crossing the Blue Ridge Mountains to Andrews AFB

CS757 crossing the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Megascenery West Virginia and Virginia. Image is embedded from code received from my One Drive account.  Click on photo to enlarge.

y4md4L4HB9HAcEW_FqXryEZcHjlUSYvH_BIzU8--

• Like 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Good to see that CS757III which  was on real nice offer around Xmas time, Jim.

Been flying it a lot lately.

51 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Click on photo to enlarge.

I must admit, Jim... that does look very nice.

Also, when I click the photo, it downloads via my browser and opens in my desktop photo app.  Not an issue at all for me, but I'm used to seeing photos open in another browser window.  Just checking to see if that was the behavior you expected.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

50 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Also, when I click the photo, it downloads via my browser and opens in my desktop photo app.  Not an issue at all for me, but I'm used to seeing photos open in another browser window.  Just checking to see if that was the behavior you expected.

You should be receiving a screen such as the following:

87357451_OpenImage.png.dee5f91ae63505e07c5c99a0244c412a.png

I clicked on Open with and then hit OK and the image popped up in my Firefox browser.  I also checked the box for "Do this automatically for files like this from now on and it does not do it automatically.  Think I need to go into my browsers settings and change it there.  The first landing on the moon in 1969 (Apollo 11) was easier...

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You should be receiving a screen such as the following:

87357451_OpenImage.png.dee5f91ae63505e07c5c99a0244c412a.png

I did not get that dialogue popup when I clicked the picture the first time.  It just immediately started downloading and opened right away in my desktop photo app.  I'm not saying I don't already have a profile that does this automatically, I just don't recall ever setting something like that up. It also might be a "feature" of Firefox.  I'm using Chrome.

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The first landing on the moon in 1969 (Apollo 11) was easier...

Yep 🙂 we sure can get tied up in knots with all this technology.  But I must confess, part of me really does love the complexity!

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I went to the Options>Application tab as suggested and it was already set up to open jpg files in Firefox.  I'm sure Chrome has the same thing.  Still do not like the fact it is showing the nag even though I have it checked to do this automatically but it is just another 'OK' click to see the file in its original resolution.

Submit News to AVSIM