Sign in to follow this  
mihajlo123

Direct scenario start

Hello,

Since i updated Prepar3D from 4.3 to 4.4. When i am starting the sim, it directly starts a scenario. 

Does anyone knows what the problem is?

Go to your menu and click OPTIONS - GENERAL - and check off > SHOW SCENARIO STARTUP SCREEN

WAT1460.png

1 minute ago, vcarlo said:

Go to your menu and click OPTIONS - GENERAL - and check off > SHOW SCENARIO STARTUP SCREEN

Thanks but that is not the problem. I want to start a scenario but when p3d is loaded in, without clicking on anything, It directly starts a scenario. So i can't start a scenario and have to reload my P3D until i can set up my own scenario. 

Sorry, lost in translation.  I don't understand what you're seeing.  When you see your scenario, go to the menu bar across the top of the screen.  When you click on OPTIONS, GENERAL, is there already a check in the box SHOW SCENARIO STARTUP SCREEN ??? 

WAT1460.png

i would have deleted Prepar3.cfg in :\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

7 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Sorry, lost in translation.  I don't understand what you're seeing.  When you see your scenario, go to the menu bar across the top of the screen.  When you click on OPTIONS, GENERAL, is there already a check in the box SHOW SCENARIO STARTUP SCREEN ??? 

Yes, When i start P3D, it loads, then i see the scenario start menu. I can't even change an a/c or dep airport because the scenario will start directly. Without clicking on anything. 

Edited by mihajlo123

2 minutes ago, roarkr said:

i would have deleted Prepar3.cfg in :\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

Already tried that and it worked for 1 day, Then the problem Arisses again. 

Since this happened after your update, you may want to try an UNINSTALL and REINSTALL of the 4.4 CLIENT only.

WAT1460.png

48 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Since this happened after your update, you may want to try an UNINSTALL and REINSTALL of the 4.4 CLIENT only.

I already tried that to. 

(long shot but maybe worth mentioning)...

if windows 10 shuts down before a program/process has completely finished; the task will be restarted when windows starts. P3D can take a minute or two to shut down completely AFTER the icons disappear and a shutdown or reboot within that time will often restart P3D when windows starts up the next time.

Edited by jpf

53 minutes ago, jpf said:

(long shot but maybe worth mentioning)...

if windows 10 shuts down before a program/process has completely finished; the task will be restarted when windows starts. P3D can take a minute or two to shut down completely AFTER the icons disappear and a shutdown or reboot within that time will often restart P3D when windows starts up the next time.

Will try that this evening. Thanks! Will be back soon. 

Already tried that and it worked for 1 day, Then the problem Arisses again

Does a statement get added to the Prepar3d.cfg file to determine what happens when P3D loads? If so, what is it? This is a general question for the AVSIM community, not the OP.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@mihajlo123
Open Prepar3D.cfg
Under [USERINTERFACE] you should have this:
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1

If the sim is not shutting down properly Prepar3D.cfg will not save your (changes) settings.

• Like 1

Hi all,

The problem is not that the scenario screen isn't showing. I'm seeing the scenario start up screen but directly after launching P3D and showing the start up screen, it iniate a scenario by itself. While showing the scenario screen. So no problems with showing the scenario window. I just can't select a/c or airport because as soon it transitions from start up screen to scenario window, It starts the scenario. 

So, that begs the question......is there another statement in the Prepar3d.cfg file that can force load the default scenario if it is not set correctly?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png