Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Every panel states starts with baro on hPa

I cannot get a panel state that starts with the barometer in inches.  I know I can change it by turning the baro knob, but why can't I start a panel state with it already set to inches?  I have tried to save a panel state that way but when it gets loaded, the knob is on inches but during the loading process, it clicks back to hPa.  Every panel state does that.

George Nacino

I believe you can set it in inches, then save that panel state.  Then make that panel state your default startup state, and it should do that every time.

Default startup state can be set under the CDU PMDG Setup menu.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

22 hours ago, dmiannay said:

Then make that panel state your default startup state, and it should do that every time.

Default startup state can be set under the CDU PMDG Setup menu.

As I said, saving a panel state with the baro set to inches will not work..

George Nacino

1 hour ago, Gnacino said:

George Nacino

Not sure what to say, George... it works just fine doing it that way here.  Sounds like you might have a "permissions" issue when saving your modified panel state.  Do you run Prepar3D in "Administrator" mode?  Did you install P3D outside the default Program Files (x86) directory?

I'm no authority here, but those thoughts come to mind.  Hopefully PMDG will weigh-in with their thoughts.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 hour ago, Gnacino said:

George Nacino

Just an idea but is the sim itself maybe set to the metric system by default? Maybe this influences the load up state. What airplane loads in your default flight?

Edited by Ephedrin

I'm pretty sure the option is there in PMDG/OPTIONS/DISPLAYS in the CDU. If not from memory changing kgs to lbs will also change the barometer default setting to inches. Don't quote me though don't have the manual with me right now. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

18 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm pretty sure the option is there in PMDG/OPTIONS/DISPLAYS in the CDU. If not from memory changing kgs to lbs will also change the barometer default setting to inches. Don't quote me though don't have the manual with me right now. 

Nope... the kg/lb and F/C settings are display only.  The ring knob on the baro control sets inHg/hPa and this setting is saved in the panel state file.  The OP may want to review the Introduction document for the QOTSII and read the sections on saved panels and scenarios.

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

The ring knob on the baro control sets inHg/hPa and this setting is saved in the panel state file.

Ah yes this is the problem he is having? I thought that if you chose a livery with world company realistic settings then that would also include default inHg/Pa settings? Which are in options? Sorry for my confusion there I didnt know the default for EURO plane liveries would still be the US standard (albeit one click from being realistic).

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

3 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Ah yes this is the problem he is having? I thought that if you chose a livery with world company realistic settings then that would also include default inHg/Pa settings? Which are in options? Sorry for my confusion there I didnt know the default for EURO plane liveries would still be the US standard (albeit one click from being realistic).

The settings in the various PMDG liveries will never be perfect, there's just too many and too many variables.  Why would a BAW B744 have 18000 as the default TA?  It's not a problem, just make the adjustments and save the panel.  Next time that panel is loaded you get back the settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

there's just too many and too many variables

Well I agree, as long as the EQUIPMENT is accurate the settings can be saved in panel state files by users depending on which hub they base the aircraft. Doesn't bother me personally as I use custom panel configs to create the exact plane I want for my fictional airline.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

53 minutes ago, downscc said:

The OP may want to review the Introduction document for the QOTSII and read the sections on saved panels and scenarios.

Side note, this is the 777 forum.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, downscc said:

The OP may want to review the Introduction document for the QOTSII and read the sections on saved panels and scenarios.

If you read my posts above, my saved panel states are set with the baro ring to inches.  When it starts loading, it is set in inches but as it  finishes, it clicks to hPg.  All of the default panels and my saved panels behave this way.  Why can't I save them my way?.  I know how to save panel states and scenarios.  As Captain Kevin said, this is a 777 forum not QOTSII.  At either rate, I'm sure the fmc works the same cause it's a Boeing.

George Nacino