Sign in to follow this  
AndyB_01

Panning problem

Hi has anybody else had this problem, it has happened to me twice now on long haul flights...

I was in the EFB and when i exited was unable to pan around the cockpit. I was able to move switches that were in my field of vision,

but was not able to move around. I used change view to spot plane, but i was not able to pan around the aircraft. When i re-entered the virtual

cockpit, i was still stuck in the original position....  any  ideas ?

Regards

Andrew Beaumont

57 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

Are you using an camera addon.

No not using a camera addon

57 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

Are you using an camera addon.

Andy what do you mean you exit the EFB? Do you mean the 2D popup? If so, can you open it again, right click on the bezel and check if „lock window“ is disabled? I‘m not too sure but I think I experienced something similar when I had the EFB window unlocked, dragged to another screen and then moved the chart with the mouse (click and drag function). For that I had to lock the window so that it didn‘t move instead of only the chart. However I think I wasn‘t able to pan aroumd anymore after that. But I am NOT sure anymore. But there could be a bug with that function. 

Edit: to be clear, I‘m talking about the pan function with space+mouse movement, not the hat button.

Edited by Ephedrin

Check that the keyboard feature in the EFB is not active.  Hitting the TAB key should clear the active keyboard if that is the problem.

Edited by downscc
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Using that EFB for the very first time right now. To use airport charts, I think I need to subscribe to Navigraph, correct|? I already subscribe to their FMS Data. So, without this subscription, am I right in assuming that I cannot see any airport charts, but as I have EFBv2, I can see the charts there, so will that suffice?

11 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Using that EFB for the very first time right now. To use airport charts, I think I need to subscribe to Navigraph, correct|? I already subscribe to their FMS Data. So, without this subscription, am I right in assuming that I cannot see any airport charts, but as I have EFBv2, I can see the charts there, so will that suffice?

A Navigraph charts subscription is required for the EFB Terminal Charts feature.  Their FMS Data subscription alone does not cover charts.  I presume EFBv2 is a 3rd party product, so what it does is not relevant to how the PMDG product works.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

I presume EFBv2 is a 3rd party product, so what it does is not relevant to how the PMDG product works.

Yes, Dan, but it does display current airport charts so, as I did with FSDT's Zurich, I used it to navigate my way from the cargo stand to Rwy16

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

A Navigraph charts subscription is required for the EFB Terminal Charts feature

Thought as much, so may head there eventually. Thanks, anyway.

15 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Andy what do you mean you exit the EFB? Do you mean the 2D popup? If so, can you open it again, right click on the bezel and check if „lock window“ is disabled? I‘m not too sure but I think I experienced something similar when I had the EFB window unlocked, dragged to another screen and then moved the chart with the mouse (click and drag function). For that I had to lock the window so that it didn‘t move instead of only the chart. However I think I wasn‘t able to pan aroumd anymore after that. But I am NOT sure anymore. But there could be a bug with that function. 

Edit: to be clear, I‘m talking about the pan function with space+mouse movement, not the hat button.

Hi yes when i left the 2d pop up.....its a very good point and will give it a try.... thank you

15 hours ago, downscc said:

Check that the keyboard feature in the EFB is not active.  Hitting the TAB key should clear the active keyboard if that is the problem.

Another good one to check, i was using the keyboard feature... thank you

8 hours ago, AndyB_01 said:

Another good one to check, i was using the keyboard feature... thank you

Yep pretty certain that was it.......took it for a spin and recreated the problem by going into the EFB then using external keyboard feature and coming

straight out to the cockpit....Panning is disabled till you shut down the keyboard,  this will catch quite a few out im guessing..... thanks for all help guys

Andrew Beaumont

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, AndyB_01 said:

Yep pretty certain that was it.......took it for a spin and recreated the problem by going into the EFB then using external keyboard feature and coming

straight out to the cockpit....Panning is disabled till you shut down the keyboard,  this will catch quite a few out im guessing..... thanks for all help guys

So will undocking the 2D pop up EFB if you use it.  Pop it up and re-size it to suit your needs, but leave it Docked because this will make positioning and zooming in on the charts and zoomed documents much easier.