Sign in to follow this  
mgr

VC floodlight mod (and more)

Hiya,

On request of Airbus-lover "Boeing or not going" 😋 i've starting experimenting with reducing the effect of the "floodlight" in the cockpit.
Did 2 things, changed the colour and also reduced the brightness.

The result is below, top default, bottom modified textures. (turned out i had to modify 4 texture-files to get all the colours in line)

pc12-vc-lights.png

What do you guys thing of this?

Regards,

Marcel

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking great, Marcel! Are you willing to share your mod?

Regards,

Felix

Felix

Marcel,

This is great ! and addresses a common problem with Carenado add-ons.  If you can share it would be much appreciated !

Now my pet peeve that I have complained about in multiple threads on Avsim.

Some years ago, Carenado did cockpit lights correctly (see their V-tail Bonanza).  Then they became fascinated with having bright panel flood lights on, which you have fixed in the PC-12. 

Then came cabin lights that you have to have on at night.  That is because, in many of their newer releases, the majority of the instrument lights are hooked in parallel with the cabin or overhead lights.  In those aircraft, the instrument light switch only turns on a few instrument lights..  For the rest of the instruments you must switch on the cabin or overhead lights which illuminate  (sometimes very brightly) the entire cockpit interior.

Again, well done...

Jeff B

Hey, that is miles better.  I did something very similar recently finding these kinds of mods for the X Plane PC-12 that I adapted.  They give a much colder blue color flood light but I like yours better. I tried toning down the default night bmp's too, using the existing orange color. It's that very bright bit on each end of the AP that is way to bright and offensive (to my tired eyes) that you have tackled well. 

11 minutes ago, expat said:

Hey, that is miles better.  I did something very similar recently finding these kinds of mods for the X Plane PC-12 that I adapted.  They give a much colder blue color flood light but I like yours better. I tried toning down the default night bmp's too, using the existing orange color. It's that very bright bit on each end of the AP that is way to bright and offensive (to my tired eyes) that you have tackled well. 

Thanks for the kind words. The bright parts on the autopilot was "hidden" on 2 texture-files, lucky i found both. 😎

A small BETA test just started, hope to release it soon after that.

Marcel

• Upvote 1

Awesome. I look forward to trying it out! Thanks for all the hard work. 🙂

Marcel the download link is not working did a search with the DLID but that also came up with nothing.

Cheers,

Ruud

I replaced the texture.common files and looked to delete duplicates some files had a .bmp and .dds texture I removed the bmp

Now it works great!

hey Marcel, seeing if possible could do the same fix on the carenado atr 72 as the cockpit night lighting is terrible.

Kind regards.