Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Missing Checklists in UTILITIES menu

I have purchased the RXP GTN 750 and have used the Garmin software to develop a checklist for the Carenado B1900. After reading the instructions to the unit, when on the Utility page there is no checklist menu nor do I see a checklist.gtn folder with the acrft. Does the checklist.gtn folder come with an acrft folder or does one have to be made with some special program? I tried simply to make a folder and insert the file into this folder, this did not work.

Am I missing something, I have flown many flights using the unit and all works as planned, I am confused.

Edited by Polar

Hi,

please don't over read the manual:

Checklists are created using the Garmin Checklist Editor software and must be saved to a file named checklitst.gtn into the aircraft folder.

Please also read the footnotes:

Supports both "checklist.ace" and "checklist.gtn"

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I used the Garmin chklst editor and have a checklist

I understand what you are saying but my questions were not answered.

a) I have no menu file named checklist in the Utilities Menu of the GTN 750

b) I have no file called checklist.gtn and have tried to make one  for the acrft of choice as there is not one located anywhere that I can find.

c) I have a file checklist.ace which I developed w/ the checklist editor and understand how to use the editor

d) I did read the footnotes

I do not understand how all this is placed into the acrft of choice and into the RXP checklist.gtn file or whatever

I am not that familiar w/ data entries and usually can w/ time figure it out, but this one has me confused. I have read the manual watched videos w/ no luck, so I have spent time trying to figure this all out. It would be nice if the instructions had a little more detail. I watched the video on using the editor, and without that I would have never figured it out. I was born in the last half century and my education does not support all the machines of today.🙂

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Checklists are created using the Garmin Checklist Editor software and must be saved to a file named checklitst.gtn into the aircraft folder. Supports both "checklist.ace" and "checklist.gtn"

11 minutes ago, Polar said:

I have a file checklist.ace which I developed w/ the checklist editor and understand how to use the editor

Well why don't you simply copy this file, into the aircraft folder?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I cut and paste file into the carenado B1900 acrft folder last night and again just now and no luck. 

Can you please post the full path and file name to the file you've put in the B1900 folder?

D:\XPlane 10.51\Aircraft\Carenado Aircraft\Carenado B1900D_v3.2

Is this okay

Since I don't seem to understand the full path and file name could you give me an example as to what you are looking for, it would speed things up.

Thank you

Edited by Polar

Here is an example of full path and file name:

"D:\XPlane 10.51\X-Plane.exe"

compared to yours:

"D:\XPlane 10.51\Aircraft\Carenado Aircraft\Carenado B1900D_v3.2"

Unless Carenado B1900D_v3.2 is a file (which I doubt)?

So 'beyond' the path you've given, there should be a checklist file in this folder, and I'm asking you just the full path AND file name to this checklist file you've saved/copy/created there.

Edited by RXP

In addition: what about first trying a checklist file provided in the sample pack just to make sure there are no file errors?

Review the RXP GTN User's Manual to find out where is the sample pack installed.

Okay I have had a little time here, unzipped the files from common Gtn Trainer checklists.zip and the instructions say to extract the sample ".ace" checklists files

*so I choose the "Cessna" folder and located inside are various chklst. Now the instructions say to rename the FILE to checklist.gtn. I take that to mean for example, 172.ace and rename it to checklist.gtn

Now after this is completed drag and drop the checklist.gtn into the acrft of choice as I am assuming the Aircraft folder does not mean the Xplane acrft folder but an acrft w/in that folder eg Coranado B1900.

With regards to the other things located w/in that zip file:

Garmin Trainer

is-6FIUK,tmp

is-ACIJI,tmp

is-E2LM5,tmp

is-MGAS tmp

are these things to be placed anywhere?

or have I missed this entirely

Well you get the gist of it: choose one, make a copy you'd rename to checklist.gtn (NB: the readme hasn't been updated and checklist.ace is fine now), then move this renamed copy to the aircraft folder.

The aircraft folder is the same where you'd find RealityXP.GTN.ini. In you case, I'd guess:

should look fine, as long as you are running X-Plane 10 using (most likely):

"D:\XPlane 10.51\X-Plane.exe"

and you are indeed loading the carenado aircraft from:

(that is an aircraft file in the aforementioned folder, something ending with the extension ".ACF".

As for the other files you're listing, they are not from our .zip file which contains only ".ACE" files in 2 folders: "Cessna" and "PIper".

Everything that you described w/in your response is exactly as I have it in XPlane.

It does not work. The GTN w/in the utilities menu does not show a checklist menu at all and nothing like the picture  in the manual page 8. Everything I just did according to your instructions I have been doing since yesterday and I am happy in that respect. Maybe there is something w/in the Carenado acrft but I doubt it.

I don't know where to go from here, it would be nice to have the additional function, but we tried. If you can think of anything else plz advise. Thank you for all your time