Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Missing Checklists in UTILITIES menu

Just to eliminate a possible interaction with the aircraft, why don't you try copying the same checklist file into the default Baron 58 folder and compare if the GTN in the B58 shows the checklist?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

It was a good  thought but it was not successful. Side note the XP version of this plane is not bad. I have never used it. I have the "other one" with all the bells and whistles.

If you wish to continue to explore this issue over the coming days or weeks (lol) send me a note with any new ideas to try, I would love to solve the problem. Has anyone else reported a similar issue.

Edited by Polar

Ok thank you for the quick feedback.

AFAIK it might have happened once in the past and I think it was because of wrong file name ( kind of: you think you type l + i + s + t, it seems it reads ' l i s t ', but in fact your fingers typed i + l + s + t and it is in fact ' i l s t ' )

The only other possible cause is that your user account doesn't have 'read' access rights to the file, which I doubt, but better be safe than sorry.

What you may try is to add under the [GTN_750_1] section of the RealityXP.GTN.ini file the following:

DebugValue = 1

Should there is anything the garmin trainer doesn't like with the checklist file, or any other internal error it has been designed to treat/report, then it will show up in the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I did notice this yesterday and wondered which I should use, in the Checklists section in manual page 8 notice where in BOLD type it reads checklitst.gtn instead of Checklist.gtn I used the correct spelling of checklist with all we have done. I will look at those noted above later today or tomorrow and let you know if anything happens. Thank you🙂 

When you can plz tell me where to locate the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file. Can't find it. Thanks

Good news NO GREAT NEWS I solved it. Got to thinking about XPLane and wondered what could be wrong or different w/ my copy, I loaded XP w/ Administrator Rights originally and I changed that to System this evening. I also changed the name from gtn to ace on the file. In any case no matter which did it, I have a checklist, even the one I made.

When you wrote about the user account read access, that is what triggered the thought.

Thank you for all your help, hope this will maybe help you.

Edited by Polar

Wow I feel ashamed! Our 4 product's manuals contain the typo 😳

We'll silently update the installers with corrected manuals later.

So in the end, besides the typo, have you solved the error because you no longer run X-Plane 'as admin' ? Can you detail a little more if possible so that it might be referenced in the future for other customers experiencing similar problems?

1 hour ago, Polar said:

I always assume it is me that is in error not the developers

We've just managed to prove you half-wrong this time LOL! Sorry for the typo in the manuals but thank you for giving us a chance to help you, spot the manual error, and better our products!

Edited by RXP

LOL, hey, I sometimes take a while to learn something but watch out when I do I usually get better then most, or so I think lol. Take care😃

• Like 1

I'm using the Cessna S550 Citation II, XP 11.30, and the GTN 750 integration is sweet!  I downloaded a checklist for this bird (checklist.gtn is in the aircraft folder - I've also tried this with checklist.ace) but I can't find the Checklist option in the Utilities menu.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  This is what my Utilities menu looks like:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxwzom0i7u6lqk1/GTN750.jpg

@thegraffix Hi, please make sure existing discussions especially when it is only the 3rd or 4th topic in the forum (not far to search from...)

I'd suggest you review this discussion and the steps to resolution. I'm sure you're having the same issue as @Polar.

NB: let me repeat this, the User's Manual has a typo and should read checklist.gtn or checklist.ace

Thank you for the reference.  This was in fact the case: I installed the GTN 750 "As Administrator", and the security settings of all RealityXP folders reflected this (the owner was Administrator).  As soon as I took ownership of every RealityXP folder I could see the Checklists option in the GTN 750 Utilities menu.  Another method I had success with was to simply uninstall RealityXP, do a manual search/cleanup for leftovers, delete leftovers, then re-install (but not as administrator).  Lastly, I could have started running X-Plane 11 As Administrator (this made the Checklists option re-appear) from then on but chose to reinstall.

• Like 1

@thegraffix Thank you for the feedback. This admin/normal user situation is one of the main support question nowadays.