Sign in to follow this  
frankyfirstt

MakeRwys and ORBX Probs

Hey Guys. I have a Problem.

I don't get MakeRwys and the ORBX FTX VECTOR Configuration Tool to work anymore. 

What MakeRwys shows:

Make-Rwys-1.jpg

This Programm is run as Administrator. Also the ORBX FTX VECTOR Configuration Tool does not seem to see any Airports anymore. Yesterday everything was fine. Nothing changed on my Config in that time. 

BTW P3D starts just fine.

U guys have any Idea?

Edited by frankyfirstt

Do you have Lorby_Si's Addon Manager?  Did you run the tool to place all of your addons into the scenery.cfg, then run make runways and then run the tool to put the scenery back into the Addon Manager? 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@frankyfirstt
Are you running MakeRwys.exe in your Prepar3d root directory?

Edited by BillS511

Maybe something happened to your Microsoft .Net 4.5.1 install

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

Maybe something happened to your Microsoft .Net 4.5.1 install

I tried to reinstall all net framework components but still no luck 😞

Thx for trying to help and ur tip 🙂

Okay I got it working again 🙂

The problem was the LorbySceneryExport.exe. After removing that file from the P3D directory everything works just fine again.

Thx to all!

2 hours ago, frankyfirstt said:

The problem was the LorbySceneryExport.exe. After removing that file from the P3D directory everything works just fine again.

No it probably doesn't. AFAIK if you remove that tool, Makerunways will only generate files for the scenery.cfg and ignore everything that has been installed with add-on.xml files.

I suggest that you contact MakeRwys support. If there is some systematic issue, Pete should know about that.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

No it probably doesn't. AFAIK if you remove that tool, Makerunways will only generate files for the scenery.cfg and ignore everything that has been installed with add-on.xml files.

I suggest that you contact MakeRwys support. If there is some systematic issue, Pete should know about that.

Best regards

Thanks for ur answer. I know it doesn't generate that file because it was stated in the readme. The solution was to remove LorbySceneryExport.exe and then run MakeRwys.exe once. I copied the LorbySceneryExport.exe back then again and now it's working. 

In fact, it was the LorbySceneryExport.exe what made that Problem for me.

Okay, false alarm. It stopped working again. I followed the Readme. All files are in the P3D Main folder.

Again:

Make-Rwys-1.jpg&key=530f603ef362f7a5b6cd

It creates a MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg with the size of 1kb. When I open the file with Notepad++ it shows just following:

[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE
Active=FALSE

[Area.001]
Title=

My P3D Main Folder shows following:

yOjSRc4.jpg

I'm out of Ideas...

Edited by frankyfirstt
Additional Information

You have an error in your scenery configuration that is tripping up the scenery export process. Where, how, in which file is impossible to tell from here. Could be anything, from the scenery.cfg itself to a broken add-on.xml at layer 1 or 2.

If you delete the empty .cfg and the LorbySceneryExport.exe, then Makerunways should complete - but the result will be missing all the external add-on.xml based sceneries. 

Again, you really should contact Pete Dowson and ask for support. If this is a common problem, he should be familiar with it and maybe have a solution.

But if it is a unique problem with your local configuration, you need to take steps to figure out what it is yourself. If you are using the P4AO tool, then try to create a temporary scenery.cfg file and check if it displays an error of some kind. It uses the same logic as the SceneryExport thing, but it has more options to alert you of possible errors.

That "everything works fine" is often a false perception. The simulator just ignores what it can't make sense of (or it crashes).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

You have an error in your scenery configuration that is tripping up the scenery export process. Where, how, in which file is impossible to tell from here. Could be anything, from the scenery.cfg itself to a broken add-on.xml at layer 1 or 2.

If you delete the empty .cfg and the LorbySceneryExport.exe, then Makerunways should complete - but the result will be missing all the external add-on.xml based sceneries. 

Again, you really should contact Pete Dowson and ask for support. If this is a common problem, he should be familiar with it and maybe have a solution.

But if it is a unique problem with your local configuration, you need to take steps to figure out what it is yourself. If you are using the P4AO tool, then try to create a temporary scenery.cfg file and check if it displays an error of some kind. It uses the same logic as the SceneryExport thing, but it has more options to alert you of possible errors.

That "everything works fine" is often a false perception. The simulator just ignores what it can't make sense of (or it crashes).

Best regards

Okay but how / where can i contact him?

1 hour ago, frankyfirstt said:

Okay but how / where can i contact him?

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10