Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

CDU entries during diversion

Hello.

I did several diversions past several days and I noticed when I changed destinations I cannot add or change alts and speed in CRZ, DES and LEG pages. For example if I try to add alts constrain and type /250 or /FL250 or 250 I see numbers changes in the scratch pad from 2 thru 5 and at the end I see only the last digit I have typed like 0, not 250. I am wondering if this is a bug or there is something else. 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Several diversions in same flight?  Let's back up the story and include more detail into how you changed destination, and how you were modifying the route.  It is possible to 'jam' the FMS but not very likely and it is rarely reported here.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the reply downscc.

I didn’t say I diverted in the same flight. I said I did several diversion past several days. I was flying from EGLL, EKCH, EHAM, ESSA to LOWI. It was foggy in LOWI so visibility was below mins so I couldn’t legally land. 

Procedure: 

Entered diversion airport in: ACT RTE 1/X, DEST> (LSK 1R) and EXEC

Entered route to the diversion airport: ACT RTE 2/X (or X/X) and ACT RTE LEGS 1/X and EXEC

While diverting, ensure the T/C has been reached or change cruise altitude to aircraft altitude (FMA VNAV PTH).

Finally, define an end of descent point by selecting an Arrival/Approach for the diversion airport.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Use Route 2... or the ALTN menu. I‘m not at the FMC right now but I don‘t think that messing with the actual areival airport in the active route will work out.

We don't have the FMS version software that has RTE 2.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think he was referring it to 777