Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Orbx City Scene Orlando

From Allen's post, it is a software problem ; not a hardware hasn't caught up problem.

" What P3D is (apparently) doing for every BGL scenery file (going all the way back to FSX) is that it first searches through all active layers in the scenery library and makes a list of BGL files that are object libraries.    Then, as it loads regular BGL scenery files, it checks each object in the file to see if it is a library object.     If the users system has a lot of "libraries" of objects across their system, each one of these libraries seems to get searched for each object in the BGL file, even though it is pretty clear that a call to perform a library search is not necessary. "

Well, since I have every scenery item Orbx sells loaded and ready for me to fly anywhere, anytime I have a big problem.  I'm not about to give that up that convenience for a single city.  And how much time would it take me to go to the scenery library and uncheck eve3ry scenery I have just to fly around Orland?  And then repeat the process when I want to fly somewhere else?  Simply not worth it.

I'm no businessman but I would think that Orbx producing more cityscapes like Portland and Canberra and more airports like Bar Harbor and Sedona would bring in more revenue more quickly than one huge scenery like Orlando.  You can sell more chicken eggs in a basket than an ostrich egg in the same basket.   

From the 7,000 feet I normally fly my imagination can integrate what is not there in standard Orbx sceneries without all the preparation required to fly in Orlando.

I grew up in San Francisco and it's rendition in Northern California was a wow factor for me when I first flew it.  I recognize in my mind's eye the parks and the downtown area.  The same across the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County where I learned to fly.  I recognize all the small towns.  Maybe not my house, but I can imagine where it was.

And when flying Orbx in locations I've never been like New Zealand I don't care if a street is missing in Wellington.

With the entire Orbx world installed on my system except for Netherlands and Orlando; along with My Traffic and Nielson Shipping and some Aerosoft airports and Return to Misty Moorings I load in just over 5 minutes.  Perfectly acceptable for me.  

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I'm so on the fence with this Orlando scenery maybe I'll wait till they patch it. 40 mins loading time is nuts 

14ppkc-6.png

This why I don't think I will be in for the UK TE when it`s released I have all the UK regions I would most likely need to remove them to run it, and as UK based simmer but not a big VFR flyer I see no point, based on the fact I fly in Europe and US most of the time. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg