Sign in to follow this  
idude

Camera panning 180 degrees instead of 360

I don't know what I did I used to be able to pan around the aircraft from front to front and now I can only pan 180 degrees, it stops when getting to the sides, I can't pan all the way to the front of the aircraft, I can pan from the back of the aircraft to either side of the airplane, does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you panning in "Locked Spot" view?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

38 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Are you panning in "Locked Spot" view?

It looks like I am!  Is that the problem?  Where should it be?  Screenshot

20 minutes ago, idude said:

It looks like I am!  Is that the problem?  Where should it be?  Screenshot

I just tried mine.  In "Locked Spot" view,  I can only do 180 degrees.  In "Spot" view, I can do a 360 degrees sweep around the aircraft.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

11 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I just tried mine.  In "Locked Spot" view,  I can only do 180 degrees.  In "Spot" view, I can do a 360 degrees sweep around the aircraft.

I'm confused because I used to be able to go around the aircraft in "Locked View" by pressing the space bar and use my mouse and now the only way to around my aircraft in "Locked View" is by using my hat switch in my joystick.  I never used "Spot" view before since it has a different behavior, I can go around but it zooms in and out also and that's not what I want. 

I can only report what I see on my Sim.  Did you change any camera views or install anything like EZDoc camera?

Charlie Aron

30 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I can only report what I see on my Sim.  Did you change any camera views or install anything like EZDoc camera?

No.  How would I change camera views?  I know you are able to span 180 degrees but are you able to span to the nose of your airplane using the space bar and mouse?

I normally setup my Locked Spot view in the chase position,viewing the tail from about 20 feet away.  From that position I can pan to the front and then back on either the left or right side of the aircraft.

There are some aircraft or other downloads that may make changes to views that you are not aware of.  The README files will, normally, instruct you to make backups of the files they replace so that you can go back to normal after deleting these downloads.

Charlie Aron

I found the problem, a few days ago I was looking to improve my joystick performance and found a youtube video where the author said to add this line "Stick_sensitivity_mode=0" to my fsc.cfg file under [controls] section, I don't why as to why this line affects my space bar + mouse panning but it was the culprit, deleted it and now everything is back to normal.  Thank you so much for trying to help me, lesson learned.

Glad you found the culprit!😉  Just looked at my .cfg and had that entered also!  Took it out to see what the difference is. Actually mine is set to =1, May have the same affect.

Found this:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/67416-after-adding-stick_sensitivity_mode0-viewing-with-mouse-becomes-limited/

Charlie Aron

Interesting, what happens if you add that line and set it to 0?  What's the difference between 0 and 1 anyway?

I think 1 makes it work and 0 doesn't do anything, other than screw up your view.  I retried my locked spot both with and without the line=1.  I forgot that the trick to a full 360 degree pan is to start at the nose of the aircraft and go in either direction.

Charlie Aron

You're right, I just tried that with 1 and my panning looks good, as I read through a few posts about this line they all say it should be 0 but nobody tells why!