Sign in to follow this  
jkondzer

FS2004 UT Alaska/Canada crashing in BC

Help!!

Is anyone else having problems with UT Alaska/Canada in FS2004 around Vancouver?  I've been trying to fly smaller aircraft routes into the less populated airports/backcountry and FS2004 shuts down with an error once I get about 60 miles north/northwest of Vancouver.  This was not an issue before I installed UT.  Has anyone else seen this, or can provide me a fix?  The scenery up there is beautiful and I'd love to continue using it.

Hardware/software config as follows:

Intel Core2 DUO

6GB RAM

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with SP1

What's the error you get when it shuts down?  Out of memory?  Or something else?  I did a test flight tonight in that area, and didn't see any unusual problems.  I haven't had any issues with Ultimate Terrain, but have had problems with certain add-on sceneries being memory drains.  I would suggest getting the ACA2005 utility and scanning for duplicate AFCADS, and checking your Addon Scenery folder to make sure you don't have any "terrain" folders in individual airports which are empty, as this can lead to memory leaks.  Also, if you have any Alaska add-ons, those files may be read by FS9 as far south as Vancouver, and that may be part of the problem.

John G.

Yes, I'm hoping the topic starter checks back in with his progress.  I should have also suggested that he apply the 4GB patch to his FS9 executable, which has solved OOM problems for me recently and might help in this situation also.

John G.

My bet is he had a texture problem with his existing scenery that wasn't actively a problem until it collided with UT. Mipped and not mipped or 32 bit versus DXT1 etc etc.

Hi, Same here, recently got UT Alaska-Canada from Flight1 and vicinity of Vancouver also shuts down my FS. (Just closes). I noted that the Flight1 download UT Alaska and Canada also comes with bit of UT-USA. When I deactivated UT-USA part, Vancouver issue was fixed but the shoreline around Fairchild and Detroit (on US-Canada border) was just squares. 

Also have deactivated all my add-ons around Vancouver and also tried without AI, still the same the UT shuts down my FS.

Cheers

Peter