Sign in to follow this  
CD4000

Updated version for X-plane v11?

Hi there. Are you able to give us any information on the likelihood of an update for the DC6 for X-plane v11? It still hasn’t been broken by 11.30r1 but there are a few things that need work. It still flies beautifully but a few knobs and buttons don’t work. And it has to be loaded, plugin re-enabled, then moved to another location for the sounds to work. Plus some other minor issues.

Regards, Craig.

I'm sure you've already seen it, but the latest info is here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537705-13jun18-xplane-user-updates/

It doesn't look like they have any news to share about it yet. I'm also still on the fence about it, and have been since release. I really like the aircraft, but the nebulous future of the add-on is making me hesitate. 

Edited by finkelstein
formatting

I have been in flight simulation for around 30 yrs. Lots of purchases throughout the years, sceneries and aircraft. When PMDG developed the DC-6 for Xplane 10, I gave it a try and liked it. It's been 3 yrs and I am still patiently waiting for an update. If it can be updated for Prepar3D, why not Xplane 11? It's very frustrating to wait years for an update! 

Regards, Leon

• Upvote 2

We are all waiting. I’ve used this plane about 5 times and then XP11 came out. I still believe PMDG will update it based on previous comments, but unfortunate XP is not a priority for them, so there is nothing we can do but wait...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

13 hours ago, Froglegs05 said:

If it can be updated for Prepar3D

This is misleading.

We released it for Prepar3D. We haven't updated it since that release to keep up with any of the subsequent P3D updates...even the incremental 4.x updates, much less an entire version (as XP10 -> XP11 would be).

Frustrating, sure. I can understand that. Using a misleading argument, though, is a bit irresponsible.

Kyle Rodgers

On 2/7/2019 at 9:45 AM, scandinavian13 said:

This is misleading.

We released it for Prepar3D. We haven't updated it since that release to keep up with any of the subsequent P3D updates...even the incremental 4.x updates, much less an entire version (as XP10 -> XP11 would be).

Frustrating, sure. I can understand that. Using a misleading argument, though, is a bit irresponsible.

I rarely comment on things like this but here it goes. This whole thread is about a question that was asked but remains unanswered.  

The question was respectful and this thread represents many of us who love the product but are patiently waiting for an update.

This is not coming from people that have bad intentions or want to slander your products.  Yet you chose to comment on a misstatement in this thread while completely missing or ignoring the point. 

You have customers here that want to continue using your products and prob. have many other of your product in p3d but we have a legitimate gripe about the dc6 for xplane. 

Did you really think that everyone would just stay in xplane 10?

I understand your whole side on the issue as has been posted before about its development for xplane 10, but it has been years.

Personally I feel like there is something else going on here. Were egos hurt by the loud and aggressive minority in the xplane community?

In either case it would be nice if the original question in this thread was answered. This would show some loyalty from Pmdg to customers like myself that loyally purchase your products not only in xplane but also p3d. 

3 hours ago, pilot12345678 said:

I rarely comment on things like this but here it goes.

Epic necropost...

This whole thread is about a question that was asked but remains unanswered.

Not sure how the search results played out, but if one happened upon this thread, one would imagine this one also popped up somewhere:

The question was respectful and this thread represents many of us who love the product but are patiently waiting for an update.

I never said it wasn't respectful - particularly the original post. I took no issue with it, but I'm not one who comments on future developments. How much info about the way forward that is put out there is something I leave up to the guy driving the company.

The quoted post, however, is actually pretty misleading. It implies that, past the original release, we treated the P3D version differently by updating it, and the XPL version was just left to rot. This is not true. We released the XPL version, and then worked to get it into FSX and P3D. None of the products received any supplementary updating beyond the initial round of bugfixes.

The fact that the FSX and P3D versions continue to work have more to do with the stability of those platforms (which also has an ugly side: that stability means that the changes that could make P3D much better on performance aren't going to be quickly, or perhaps ever seen; FSX is stable principally because it is frozen code). The 6 originally worked in 11, but then 11.x broke it. The drawback is things will break in 11.x (or 12, or 12.x), but those platforms are also clearly seeing improvements as part of that.

4 hours ago, pilot12345678 said:

Did you really think that everyone would just stay in xplane 10?

No. I don't think people would just stay in FS2004, either, but it doesn't mean we kept updating the original FS2004 version of our 747-400 to bring it into the successive sims, either.

I understand your whole side on the issue as has been posted before about its development for xplane 10, but it has been years.

If someone says "this is being written for XBOX 360," is it automatically implied that it will be written for ONE, and the new Scarlet project down the line? No. It means XBOX 360, and if it is to move forward into successive versions, they explicitly state it.

At no point did we ever say "XPL11" for the DC-6 - ever - so I'm incredibly baffled by the questioning that people (apparently still) hold on to.

Personally I feel like there is something else going on here. Were egos hurt by the loud and aggressive minority in the xplane community?

Were ego any part real of the game, I would've given up all hope when the Global Flight Ops announcement was met with relatively abundant criticism last year.

Much like we always said "XPL10" for the DC-6, we also always said "this is a project for us to understand the differences between multiple platform developments with a relatively simple - non-glass/non-FMC - aircraft."

Some of the XPL community can be loud and aggressive sure.

...but so can the FSX community, and the P3D community. Heck, my earlier FS2004 (FS9) example isn't an exaggeration - people still ask us randomly (and seriously) if we'll develop for it.

Kyle Rodgers

Like I said Kyle, this was not to disrespect or show contempt for pmdg. On the contrary it is because we value pmdg planes that we want to actually fly one in xplane. 

I still fly pmdg all the time in p3d. I know you can't speak about any future plans for the company but please pass along the sentiments of the community. 

If pmdg will ever fully embraces xplane I hope it starts by a proper update to the dc6. This will go a long way with faithful existing customers.