Sign in to follow this  
bbuckley

Carenado Phenom 100 & GTN750: any use?

I've been searching and reading but I'm still confused.  I want to buy and install the RXP GTN 750 Touch in my Carenado Phenom 100 in place of the G1000.  Currently I use a pop up GNS 430v2 to link AP and populate the G1000 FPL.  I'm not afraid of implementing mods as required.  I think I see that it's been done for the 300. Is there any reason this won't work?  Is there a better RXP alternative for the Carenado Phenom 100?  

Thanks,

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Hi Bruce,

I'm not sure any GPS retrofit is practical in a G1000 aircraft because the G1000 is supposed to also do GPS and A/P coupling?

I'd like other customers to give their feedback too!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I successfully use the F1 GTN750 in Carenado‘s Phenom 300, which is, as far as the G1000 is concerned, identical to the Phenom 100. The corresponding mod is, if I remember well, from Bert.

Felix

Thanks both.  I may get it and try and I'll put it in another airplane if no luck. Have loved the RXP GNS for many years (V1 in FSX and now V2).

@RXP In the current GNS 430 popup config I have it linked to A/P and GPS and after selecting a FPL and / Approach the airplane perfectly follows the NAV and APR. I would the same could be done using the GTN 750 integrated into the cockpit.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

@bbuckley if this works with the GNS V2, this will work the same with the GTN then, because the GNS/GTN <-> Simulator interface is exactly implemented the same!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

@Greggy_D Thanks for this.  It took me a while to get around to it and then to mod the .cfg and some gauges that I had uniquely modified before but this gave me all the size & position parameters I need. My brand new RXP GTN 750 is installed into the Carenado Phenom 100 VC and pop up and so far everything is awesome. 

EDIT: credits to Bert & Jiri for their work.  

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@bbuckley Hi and thank you for your enduring patience in working on this mod. Would you mind to share this in the 'Official Panel Mod' discussion?

@RXP Certainly Jean-Luc. I'm about 95% done with some cleanup and PFD/MFD knob functions.

• Like 1