Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

New Freeware 'Live Traffic' Released

Ok, so it´s not for me. Will keep WT3.

Are you guys getting the right livery also? Because i seem to be getting the right aircraft type, but with a generic livery on each of them.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

15 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Ok, so it´s not for me. Will keep WT3.

nils i think it's a great plugin , of course not like what WT3 can offer.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I could see potential for using this in conjunction with WT3.  WT3 at airports for ground traffic, take offs and landings, and live traffic for enroute AI traffic since WT3 doesn’t do that.  Perhaps a future development could include a height AGL to activate live traffic to allow for this so there’s no duplication at airports.  I’ll certainly be watching development of this addon.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Los Angeles

i4do8ry.png

An advantage of open source: other people can jump in. In this case a lin.xpl was compiled and is available now on the .org as separate download.

I tried it on Ubuntu 18.10 and it works exactly as advertised.
It is a great plugin to encounter some traffic between airports, together with X-ATC-Chatter (payware) it turns the skies into a plausible environment. 
I recommend it very much.

Yes, WT3 does ground traffic, but only if the airport support it (this means if it is properly configured for traffic).
Live traffic does ground traffic, but only if is available on the servers. So both have their disadvantages in this field.

Anyone got historical traffic working?

17 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

An advantage of open source: other people can jump in. In this case a lin.xpl was compiled and is available now on the .org as separate download.

I tried it on Ubuntu 18.10 and it works exactly as advertised.
It is a great plugin to encounter some traffic between airports, together with X-ATC-Chatter (payware) it turns the skies into a plausible environment. 
I recommend it very much.

Yes, WT3 does ground traffic, but only if the airport support it (this means if it is properly configured for traffic).
Live traffic does ground traffic, but only if is available on the servers. So both have their disadvantages in this field.

Anyone got historical traffic working?

using lubuntu 18.10 and Livetraffic is CTD'ing XP. the log.txt would show a plugin crash. Don't know what's happening