Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Two strange issues with fuel and engines

26 minutes ago, Headley said:

Well then definitely something was assigned to that arrow key, along with a command for CP.

You really have to make sure there are no conflicting assignments between CP and the sim ...

Have you disabled all your arrow keys in P3D?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I have disabled/deleted "almost" all my default assignments in P3D (so almost impossible to have conflicts between programs) , and use only the very basic commands, like Ctrl+P for Pause and Ctrl+Y for slew mode, B for altimeter reset and H for heading reset.  All the rest is done via the MCP and/or via hardware (i'm using HOTAS from Thrusmaster, a lot of buttons and knobs, all assigned via LINDA and an MCP-system from VRInsight).

As of Chase Plane: i have coupled a PS4 controller to my system (also a lot of buttons and knobs) and with that controller i solely control Chase Plane.

I ony use my keyboard for entering text, and for controlling when in slew-mode (numeric keyboard only).  So the arrow-key's are not used in my setup.

Worth mentioning that i don't fly default aircraft, only the PMDG's and 1 or 2 GA-aircraft from A2A, witch are also fairly "complete" and don't need keyboard-commands...

And of course the mouse 🙂

Thanks William. I’m not going to go that far. Never had a problem with other complex aircraft until now.

The use of the arrow keys was a quick and dirty method of getting a new view. I’ll store it in CP so I won’t need to use the arrow keys inflight in future.

I will disable the commands on the CP NumPad keys though. I don’t fly default aircraft either. Bought this as I’m waiting for FSL to bring out 64-bit Concorde. It goes a bit faster. 😉👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather