Sign in to follow this  
dylan33

Very disappointed by the Carenado FA50

On 1/19/2019 at 7:04 AM, HighFlyer310 said:

Haven’t bought anything from them in years and I’m suprised ppl still do. 

This

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Dylan33

Thank you for posting about the issues with the navigation system in the Falcon 50.  I have been emailing Carenado about the problem for a week now and I think they think I am just crazy.  They wanted me to send a video of the procedure I am using to set up flights.  I explained that I am not doing anything different than I do with the Hawker 850, the Premier, or the C90 CTX all of which have the Proline21/FMS. They work just fine.  The fact that when flying over a fix, the system does not advance to the next fix on the active legs page is a pain.  THEY are saying that it works just fine on their end, so I am glad others are experiencing the same issue.  I suggested that they take the Falcon 50 back to the drawing board, fix this and a myriad of other problems, and then put the airplane back out for download.  Again, thanks for your post.  Made me feel better.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, Rick said:

The fact that when flying over a fix, the system does not advance to the next fix on the active legs page is a pain.  THEY are saying that it works just fine on their end, so I am glad others are experiencing the same issue.

I have been having this issue and I have pinpointed it down to the fact if you are not in NAV and VNAV mode, the system does not advance onto the next fix. Say you are in nav mode but in FLCH mode, it will not advance. The issue I am having currently is that after 18 flights, the aircraft has suddenly stopped working in VNAV mode on any STAR/Approach and I have no idea why. Flights 1 to 17 were perfectly fine, now this has started, randomly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, el_kab0ng said:

Upgrade the AIRAC recently? I wonder if that broke something.

Navigraph is kept up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft so I will see what happens tonight. The new AIRAC is out in 8 days so we shall see if that's the problem. The bizarre thing is that the FMC loads all the heights for each RNAV point, and as you progress over the point it changes to the next point and changes the height for the next point, but no decent happens.

this information has cost Carenado a sale.  Like the Falcon 50 and like the Carenado glass cockpit, but like the functioning FlySimWare better.

I have not bought The FA50 EX, and I guess I'm Lucky, but here is my two cents. Carenado is not listing to there customers. I wrote to them because on the XP11 FA50 ex version, they Offer F1 GTN 750 integration and cost is 39.95. However, on the FSX/P3d Version No Integration and it cost 44.95. SO I wrote to them on this issue and receive and answer that this was not in the works for this aircraft.  So as for F1 GTN 750 navigation I guess you can use it of screen, but was the point.

Bumping an old topic, but did GTN750 integration ever materialise for this aircraft?

On 5/18/2020 at 7:04 AM, Buzz71 said:

Bumping an old topic, but did GTN750 integration ever materialise for this aircraft?

I was one "stupid" guy who fell for all the positive commands....One day Carenado will bite the bullet..I hate to be mean, but when you waste your birthday money on this piece of word not allowed...I have been attempting to figure out the systems for several days...There is no documenation that gives you instructions...Most of the info has been gain by other pilots attempting to figure out the system...I haven't been able to figure out the VNAV system..don't know if it works...I use the -+wheel and set the ALT in advance then attempt to keep the air speed in relation to the Vertical climb...Another bug I see is the difference between "ACT LEG" page and the reading on the PFD...For example flying from HEGN to EFHK I noticed on the "ACT LEG" page the mileage between waypoints never change...The distance between waypoints only shows up on the PFD which is pretty accurate...The bank angle are very sharp on the turns, this throws everyone  out of their seats.

For as the beauty of the plane Carenado does a super job in graphics and their "youtube" video's is what sells the airplane, but sometimes beauty is "skin deep"...The electronics and navigational system leave me with a bitter taste...Sorry, Carenado, I have been fooled by your slick advertising, but NO more unless you can promise upgrades to all these "BUGS"....

Bob Adams

Bob Adams

does anyone have Raymond B's Email address, I would like to get his information about implementation of the GTN750/650 in the Carenado FA50EX for pd3v4

I think you can pmail me...

Bob Adams

Bob Adams

On 1/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, Rick said:

Dylan33

Thank you for posting about the issues with the navigation system in the Falcon 50.  I have been emailing Carenado about the problem for a week now and I think they think I am just crazy.  They wanted me to send a video of the procedure I am using to set up flights.  I explained that I am not doing anything different than I do with the Hawker 850, the Premier, or the C90 CTX all of which have the Proline21/FMS. They work just fine.  The fact that when flying over a fix, the system does not advance to the next fix on the active legs page is a pain.  THEY are saying that it works just fine on their end, so I am glad others are experiencing the same issue.  I suggested that they take the Falcon 50 back to the drawing board, fix this and a myriad of other problems, and then put the airplane back out for download.  Again, thanks for your post.  Made me feel better.:rolleyes:

Bob Adams

Someday, another developer will  look at all of these Carenado planes with bad avionics and will make a replacement for them.  We have already seen Carenado adopt the GTN and GNS addons from other developers, which goes a long way towards fixing the problem. 

I would love to see Mindstar aviation come up with a G1000 that would actually work with Carenado.  Even though it is getting long in the tooth, it is at least functional.  Unfortunately I bought their G1000 in the mistaken belief that it would work with Carenado aircraft.  Otherwise, why would one buy it?  What other developers are using  G1000s in their aircraft?

Also, Justflight has a functional G1000 they use in their aircraft (the Citation Mustang, C182 and Kingair 200).  Now if they could make a version of that which can be plugged into the Carenado aircraft.

Also, Milviz spent years developing the Proline system for their 350i. (I have yet to really play with it, however).  I think they could profit by porting it over to the Carenado aircraft.

In short, what other developers need to do is come up with addons for the Carenado addons. This might even be more profitable than developing entirely new aircraft.  Just replace the avionics for the Carenado aircraft.

This is a shame because I love the synthetic vision that is available for the Carenado G1000.  It is a shame that Careanado, at the very least will not enter into agreements with competent developers to develop good avionics for their models.  They don't have to do it themselves -- they can pay someone else to do it.

Yes, this might increase the final cost of some of the Carenado aircraft, but it would be well worth it.

Edited by Valzod300