Sign in to follow this  
Bina

New Maps for LNM (update #4)

@sloppysmusic Hi Russell,

the 10 second delay could be the disk spinning up. I had this too because I put the GLOBE data on some slow spinning thingy.
Another possibility might be weather files or the cache. All used folders are listed in the manual.
LNM does not access any paths like the ones in the recent menu. GLOBE data is accessed with a short delay to show the altitude below the cursor.

If you really want to hunt this down you can have a look at the Windows Sysinternals. They contain a tool Process Monitor which allows you to check all file and registry accesses of a program.

Hanging when scrolling: Check the settings in the dropdown box "Details while scrolling ..." on tab "Map" in the options. These might help. Also reset the detail level to a normal value.

I already checked for memory leaks and other reasons for slowdown and cannot see any here.

BTW: Memory sticks are usually not the fastest. No way to compare these to a SSD regarding speed or reliability.

Alex

No problems here, I have LNM running smooth as silk but it's running on a WD Nvme SSD with read/ write speeds upto 3,400/2,800 MB/s

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Can it get any better. Bottom is P3D top view and top is LNM with Sat-Map with live AI overlay. BTW all I had todo is to clear the AP overlay icons. You can see the AI taxi down the runways and take off.

wFI1QxS.jpg

Click on the Add-On Airports icon but with the Diagram boundaries disabled and you can see the parking and taxi ways.

VrZ90xG.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

Can it get any better.

It can believe it or not and it will! Even more exciting stuff on its way according to dev notes. Such as weather radar overlay as in Skyvector layers. That would be....just...well you know what I mean. Brilliant app!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

compare the KLGD taxi to the GTN750

1VGLqWi.jpg

VQ, I have to say that these maps are really a great addon to LNM, thank you so much for your efforts in providing them!

In LNM it would be nice to be able to make airport diagram ramp and taxi areas transparent, or semi-transparent when shown over the map base - like in the bottom image of KHQM in FPStewy's earlier post. Some airports are transparent like that, but I have found that most aren't.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 minutes ago, somiller said:

VQ, I have to say that these maps are really a great addon to LNM, thank you so much for your efforts in providing them!

In LNM it would be nice to be able to make airport diagram ramp and taxi areas transparent, or semi-transparent when shown over the map base - like in the bottom image of KHQM in FPStewy's earlier post. Some airports are transparent like that, but I have found that most aren't.

Kind Regards,

give me an example and I'll check it out, it's basically an overlay that can be disabled in 3 layers for all airports, as far as I know anyway. It works great.

It must be a developer preference, as most of my fsdt airports are transparent, but FlightBeam airports are opaque.

As far as I know my KMSV is a P3D stock airport, which is opaque, whereas your KHQM above is transparent.

If you are so inclined, try KMSV.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

@Bina

All I can say is WOW! You just took one of THE best apps for flight sims over the top for me. Alex can attest, one of my biggest gripes has always been OpenSteetMap/OpenMapSurfer's many "issues" and these files have eliminated my need to use either of them!

You completely ROCK Bina!!!  😎🤘 Thank you so much for this!

BEAR
CYAM

PS - And to Alex - after a long absence I'm back to continue beta work on LNM.

Edited by BEARlyThereCDN
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

@Bina

All I can say is WOW! You just took one of THE best apps for flight sims over the top for me. Alex can attest, one of my biggest gripes has always been OpenSteetMap/OpenMapSurfer's many "issues" and these files have eliminated my need to use either of them!

You completely ROCK Bina!!!  😎🤘 Thank you so much for this!

BEAR
CYAM

PS - And to Alex - after a long absence I'm back to continue beta work on LNM.

Thank you guys! I'm really glad that you enjoy the maps, didn't expect it, as I've been using OSM and SkyVector for years and have gotten used to working with both simultaneously. 🙂

Actually all the real (hard) work has already been done by respective providers of the maps. All I did was to figure out how to adapt them for Marble and eventually Alex's little gem and our 🖤 toy, Little NavMap. Thank YOU, Alex! 👍👍👍

Edited by Bina
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Victor Quebec

20 hours ago, Bina said:

Thank you guys! I'm really glad that you enjoy the maps, didn't expect it, as I've been using OSM and SkyVector for years and have gotten used to working with both simultaneously. 🙂

Actually all the real (hard) work has already been done by respective providers of the maps. All I did was to figure out how to adapt them for Marble and eventually Alex's little gem and our 🖤 toy, Little NavMap. Thank YOU, Alex! 👍👍👍

The beauty of all this is that it's local, no need to connect to an online tracker to overlay.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:53 PM, Bina said:

Captains,

I don't know if you have been using them already, but I have made a bunch of new maps for LNM, which make some widely popular map and chart data accessible from LNM. I think you'll find them useful too.

To install the maps, download and unzip the file, then copy and paste the folder data found inside it to the location where you have your copy of LNM installed. Say yes to overwrite, when asked. You'll find my maps in a drop-down list of available maps, below all other ones and marked Custom, as shown on the image below.

Maps included:

• Google Maps (Default)
  • Google Maps (Satellite)
  • Google Maps (Terrain)
  • U.S. VFR Sectionals
  • U.S. IFR Enroute Low
  • U.S. IFR Enroute High
  • U.S. IFR Area Charts
  • U.S. Terminal Area Charts (TAC)
  • U.S. Helicopter Route Charts

Disclaimer: All map data is provided free of charge and publicly accessible.

Enjoy!

Hi Victor,

Thanks very much for providing these extra maps. It's much appreciated. I used to use FSEarth in FSX but the author never updated it for P3D. And that was payware.

For you and Alex to provide such a quality addon is great for us flight simmers. P3D has never been better. 😀

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,

I am trying to d/l the additional maps for LittleNavMap, but it seems not to work anymore, can someone else check

if this is still OK or just me.

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger