Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Time to advance.

These are my thoughts.

The NGX saw the next generation of PMDG aircraft enter our sims, in doing so there was no support for FS9 but instead the aircraft was for the growing but abandoned FSX platform.

That was in 2011.

It is 2019.

I feel like the NG3 should do the same. It needs to lead the way by finally dropping the FSX platform and advance with P3Dv4 support only. The 32bit sims are only holding us back, severely.

Those were just my thoughts.

It's definitely not me being curious to see if they can make some smooth animations if the 32bit restriction is no longer there, if the NG3 is still plagued by them I will only be... fine.

Yeah nah, it's just the wipers. With the addition of rainmaker the awful wiper animations are extremely noticeable now. That's all I request 

Also interested to hear other's thoughts, is it time to put down FSX?

Edited by suncoastflyer
I read it a 5th time.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

19 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Over my dead body....! 

Ah, let me guess you are a Win XP user.

Honestly, do you like OOMs?

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

The following is speculation only

The ng3 I think would be an airplane built primarily in a 64bit environment. Who knows what that means?! PMDGs official position is to do exactly what you said. It doesn’t seek to continue backward support as far as I’ve read and understood - understandably.

i clung onto fsx, made the leap to P3D a number of times but v4.3 kept me because out of all the previous versions I used, it was the most functional and stable version for my arrangement. That includes all the sceneries I’d already bought and aircraft - a lot of developers are now concentrated on the 64bit platforms.

my hope is that the 64bit will free up a lot of the restrictions enough to be able to have a high fidelity plane at an airport like Heathrow, have the sliders up and not get less than 30fps (fluid stutter free) on a moderate to high performance machine using orbx sceneries and the best Heathrow available.

We are very nearly there! Some of the videos and streams I see... wow!

The best update to date is other stutter free traffic (vatsim traffic). In fsx the aircraft used to stutter as they flew and taxied, now, it’s all fluid motion.

We are entering the golden age of flight simulators.

what I would really LOVE is the use of other cores on the cpu because it’s ludacris that the platform is depending on core 0.

If PMDG could engineer a way to offload onto those cores and leave core 0 to the sim... is that even possible?

Brian Nellis

1 hour ago, 30K said:

probably  got  square  wheels  as well😀

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, 30K said:

Nah Windows 10 build 1607. Sorry to disappoint, but that was a good version so I haven't updated since..and guess what? EVERY time i turn my PC on it works in EXACTLY the same way and NEVER crashes...the occasional USB hardware glitch might need a log off or reboot but OS is SOLID. Ex IT manager here so I know how to make computers, networks and OS work well together. When it works well I don't watch Twitter for the latest trends and make sure I know the current buzzwords. If it ain't broke I won't fix it.

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

probably  got  square  wheels  as well😀

Nah cos square wheels don't work, whereas FSX DOES and very well. I know I have an advantage by being able to fine tune the software to work better than most people but I NEVER get OOMS (plus even if I DID I know how to continue flying and landing afterwards) AND I run LOD between 4.5 and 8.5 even with the NGX and OrbX scenery. Frame-rates smooth from 20-50 inside complex add-ons. I DID hand build my own PC so that gives me an advantage over most 'tech heads' I guess.

All my software is fine tuned to achieve a 'whole is greater than sum of parts' state. Here is an example. My scenery config editor config:

https://imgur.com/a/EZ1lldR

Don't assume because someone gives a flippant one line reply that they are neanderthal and can relate to the dodo. Some of us give short answers as we are too busy being ENTERTAINED as well as being informed by the work of art that is the WHOLE to spend time writing short essays like this one when we could be having fun (which I can happily and legally admit to!!) flying with random failures into a storm with the QRH on one 4k screen while the sim is on the other 55" 4k upscaling other one (dang sorry again it wasn't a 20 inch Trinitron CRT from the nineties.....)

Hope this leaves you guys better informed about this Luddite. Don't forget to wipe that smile off your face when loading up YOUR sim....FSX:SE completes my need to be satiated in all educational and entertainment ways. Only a change in EULA would allow me to change that software situation. No discussion of that situation in this thread please but as it's very old hat around here but now you have all my reasons for continuing to use FSX

PS OOPS! I forgot to mention the JS41 and MD-11 I love flying occasionally. You get my drift though!

Have a great day!

😄

Edited by sloppysmusic
grammer

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I'm okay with people sniping people for misrepresenting facts, and I - personally - cringe any time I have to load FSX/FSX:SE, but...

Do not take shots at people for their preferences. I won't even ask nicely for that. That should be an expectation of all people.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Well at least we have more options than ever before.  I stuck around on FS9 a lot longer than I should have, but the frame rates it provided made for some really butter smooth landings.  I found the stutters in the boxed version of MS FS X intolerable.

Mark Trainer

Prepard4.3 User - been to lazy to update to 4.4 but will soon.

1 hour ago, mtrainer said:

Well at least we have more options than ever before

Options = competition = increasing quality/performance = 😄

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

On 1/20/2019 at 5:32 AM, 30K said:

I use P3D V 3.4, with the NGX and Q400 Never had an OOM. They work perfectly with all kinds of add ons running.  I don't fix things that aren't broken. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I use P3D V 3.4, with the NGX and Q400 Never had an OOM. They work perfectly with all kinds of add ons running.  I don't fix things that aren't broken. 

Okay well I've run some test just for fun on my sim and with all the addons I've loaded (ORBX PMDGs etc.) My sim hits ~11GB. 

I always ran out of memory back then.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

It‘s all about what you want to use. MD-11 into old addon airports or just default  scenery? FSX works fine for that. Are you happy with your setup lile this? Fine, no need to change it. 

As soon as you want to use new addons, scenery, weather, shaders etc, you‘ll get to the limits quite quickly. And that‘s the point where you might start thinking about 64bits. Anyway, that‘s not a decision others will make for you. Live and let live. I wouldn‘t install FSX or previous versions of P3D anymore, not even for the MD11 if I had bought it.  

Rather I would have a wish for P3Dv5 😂

no need to shut down the sim anymore to change the airplane xD I‘d be happy 😄

100% agree. If you're a regular FSX user and under 70, please take the plunge. Remember when you got that bigger TV, bigger monitor, yea you'll never look back. There is always a few old timers saying they love their 17" monitor from 2000 but they just don't know any different. Bless.

I've a 2080TI / 9900K and its incredible (almost) everything maxed, 4K, seeing all 16 cores at 100% with smooth 30-60fps.

I loved FSX, but its holding us all back now.  

• Like 1

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400