Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Trackhat works but very clumsy

Hi guys,

Recently, I bought a trackhat and installed it right away. Unfortunately, it's very clumsy.. I'll try to sum up the points;

• Forward doesn't work(I can't ''bend' over to check for taxiing but going backwards does work very abruptly
  • Sideways works except I basically have to move so much I'm almost not in my room anymore
  • I think combining these two issues creates another issue: it's just not doable to look over for the upper panels or close in on instruments/displays..

I used the simconnect sp1 in the trackhat application and tried setting my position which is pretty off place(The position of the clip is very awkwardly ziptied to my headset). Any tweaks/profiles I should use for p3d 4.4?

Would greatly appreciate the suggestions

Email James your problem, he's excellent at support.

There is no profiles to install as each person's setup is specific and you need it adjusted to your environment. It takes some time to configure but once there, it is very good and comparable to the leading brand.

If its a wireless one keep it on charge when not in use as it drains whilst not in use and weak when you come to use it.

17 minutes ago, 9GTurn said:

Email James your problem, he's excellent at support.

There is no profiles to install as each person's setup is specific and you need it adjusted to your environment. It takes some time to configure but once there, it is very good and comparable to the leading brand.

If its a wireless one keep it on charge when not in use as it drains whilst not in use and weak when you come to use it.

I gave up after 2 hours of trying to figure it out to be honest. Might change it for the hat instead of the clip and sometimes it just doesn't see the dots at turns etc..

No idea who James is or how to find his contact info but I've sent a ticket now. 

James is trackhat.

If you have Chaseplane you need to use freetrack otherwise simconnect should be ok.

On the second tab I think there is a slider that you slide to the lowest point you can still see three dots. Too low it goes nuts, too high it only sees two dots. Took me about 10 minutes to set up.

The threshold sliders just adjust how the fast the headset should track based on your movement, this takes the most time to set up.

Check out YouTube there are some for setting up.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

It takes a while to set it up but it is worth the effort. Flying now with the Trackhat and it is working perfectly.

Just bought a second for another headset - so must be a satisfied customer!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

13 hours ago, Dean33 said:

It takes a while to set it up but it is worth the effort. Flying now with the Trackhat and it is working perfectly.

Just bought a second for another headset - so must be a satisfied customer!

On hyperx cloud 2 headset it's tilted and looks down when attached so this creates the issue of the camera not able to catch all three lights. I might change it to the hat since wearing the headset with 2 cables is just annoying.

I have his track hat in both the wireless and wired.  The wired one broke under use from my Grandchildren,  the mounting tab broke.  I brought the wireless one and both have worked great.  I had to take the time to set them up in the track ir software, but they both worked great.