Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Saitek pro yoke + 2 quadrants setup

Hi guys,

I recently bought a setup consisting of saitek's pro flight yoke system, 1 additional quadrant USB and pedals. In P3d 4.4 everything works fine except for some buttons on the yoke and the quadrants(doesn't work except for the first lever as throttle for all engines).. 

Playing with FSUIPC and control settings didn't help me at all.. any how to's?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my levers isn't recognized except for the reverses button and the buttons below the levers..

Edited by mustiej

If using FSUIPC, 1st disable the controllers in P3D then go from there using fsuipc to assign the buttons and axis. least thats how I have done it for years.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

If using FSUIPC, 1st disable the controllers in P3D then go from there using fsuipc to assign the buttons and axis. least thats how I have done it for years.

That's the issue, the levers and some buttons on the yoke such as 3 flipbuttons doesn't work in one direction..

may not have registered correctly. Go into windows devices from the control panel and see if they are working?

33 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

may not have registered correctly. Go into windows devices from the control panel and see if they are working?

I did and the drivers were updated too, the flipcontrols on the yoke still doesn't work such as the trim up A2 button(A1 does).

Also, I was looking at the wrong page in FSUIPC, in axis page every lever gets recognized correctly now but I still can't setup the levers correctly.. in pmdg 747 I've tried to set the individual levers to engine 1-4, spoilers and flaps but everything goes crazy when I try to test it.. Camera changes and all the levers goes random.. 

Edit: I'm making progress, all levers work except the spoiler and flaps is inverted..:/ Also, how does the spoiler arm/detent and reverses work?

Edited by mustiej

You have to disable the axes and buttons in P3D for them to work in FSUIPC.  Having them active in both causes the symptoms you are seeing.

• Upvote 1

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

7 minutes ago, DWadsworth said:

You have to disable the axes and buttons in P3D for them to work in FSUIPC.  Having them active in both causes the symptoms you are seeing.

The inverted flaps and spoiler didn't fix this. Also, pulling the throttle levers causing yoke to turn alongside full throttle by pulling the spoiler lever. As if indeed these things are set somewhere else too but I've deleted them from P3D control settings...

Check every lever and button in Windows Control Panel - Devices and Printers - [the hardware in question]. Right-click and choose Game Controller properties or something similar.

If there is a faulty axis or button that is where to find it.

If there is a problem with any of them then request a return note from the seller. I assume everything is new. Or is it?

No need to use FSUIPC until you’re sure everything is okay.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

38 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Check every lever and button in Windows Control Panel - Devices and Printers - [the hardware in question]. Right-click and choose Game Controller properties or something similar.

If there is a faulty axis or button that is where to find it.

If there is a problem with any of them then request a return note from the seller. I assume everything is new. Or is it?

No need to use FSUIPC until you’re sure everything is okay.

Everything works except for 4,6,8 like I mentioned earlier. Driver issue? Everything is new. 

EDIT: I deleted the p3d.cfg file and only did the controls in P3D settings itself and now it starts to look good except for the yoke buttons. No idea how to do reverses, arm/flight detent spoiler though..

Edited by mustiej

Had similar problems, drove me nuts for weeks and I tried all kinds of solutions.

Finally settled on SPADnext and haven't had a problem since.

You have to uninstall the Saitek/Logitech drivers and create or download a profile, but that's it.

I still use FSUIPC (paid version) to assign axes, buttons, and switches--which some might find weird since that's exactly what SPADnext can do--but tht works best for me, YMMV.

Edited by tailspin45

39 minutes ago, mustiej said:

Everything works except for 4,6,8 like I mentioned earlier. Driver issue? Everything is new. 

EDIT: I deleted the p3d.cfg file and only did the controls in P3D settings itself and now it starts to look good except for the yoke buttons. No idea how to do reverses, arm/flight detent spoiler though..

Uninstall the Saitek software. It isn’t required. The Windows drivers will correctly identify all the units.

If after that those three buttons still don’t work then return the unit as faulty.

There is a detent on each throttle axis that acts as a button. If you want each engine to have a discreet reverse thrust I’ll post the actions tomorrow.

But if the yoke buttons are not all working then you have to return the yoke which means your throttles are also out of action.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Uninstall the Saitek software. It isn’t required. The Windows drivers will correctly identify all the units.

If after that those three buttons still don’t work then return the unit as faulty.

There is a detent on each throttle axis that acts as a button. If you want each engine to have a discreet reverse thrust I’ll post the actions tomorrow.

But if the yoke buttons are not all working then you have to return the yoke which means your throttles are also out of action.

I might contact the seller then. Also, the reverses doesn't have to be individual, as long as one of the throttle lever detent button works as all engine reverses I'm more than happy with it

25 minutes ago, tailspin45 said:

Had similar problems, drove me nuts for weeks and I tried all kinds of solutions.

Finally settled on SPADnext and haven't had a problem since.

You have to uninstall the Saitek/Logitech drivers and create or download a profile, but that's it.

I still use FSUIPC (paid version) to assign axes, buttons, and switches--which some might find weird since that's exactly what SPADnext can do--but tht works best for me, YMMV.

Does that software help with reverses?

4 minutes ago, mustiej said:

I might contact the seller then. Also, the reverses doesn't have to be individual, as long as one of the throttle lever detent button works as all engine reverses I'm more than happy with it

Then program the button to press F2 repeatedly. I’ll post the commands I use tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Uninstall the Saitek software. It isn’t required.

If you use SPADnext you must uninstall the Saitek drivers.

I tried and tried to use Saitek and the newer Logitech drivers and FSX/P3D control management without success. Some people have used the old, free SPAD package (different from SPADnext) with success, by the way. I also tried LINDA, which is yet another alternative, but have had zero problems with SPADnext.

Yes, SPADnext can help you configure reversers, but I found that easier to do in FSUIPC, too.

To be clear, my preference for FSUIPC to configure axis, buttons, and switches may be simply because I've used it for years and I'm very familiar with it. If you start from scratch with SPADnext you may be perfectly happy to use that both for its drivers and to do the configuring.

For what it's worth, I had exactly the same problem you describe in the initial post: some of the buttons worked and some of the axes, but not all of them. I spent days, literally, trying to solve the problem and the SPADnext and FSUIPC solution works and has given me zero problems.

Not that I haven't had problems...I was slowly losing my mind because not only the Saitek products (I have yoke, pedals, and three panels) but also other USB devices were wonky and unpredictable. Turned out the power supply on a USB hub was going bad!

I did learn from that, however, something that may be useful to you and others: Windows manages USB power usage, presumably to achieve some energy efficiency rating, and has the bad habit of simply turning off USB devices when it feels like it. You can prevent that by following the easy procedure described here . I bought a new yoke because the LCD with the clock quit working, but it turned out it was just a power issue!

Here's my 'cockpit', FWIW

cockpit.jpg

Edited by tailspin45
  • Upvote 1