Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Saitek pro yoke + 2 quadrants setup

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Then program the button to press F2 repeatedly. I’ll post the commands I use tomorrow.

F2 is "Throttle decr". For separate throttles there are separate ThrottleN Decr controls which you can assign to buttons, whether in P3D or FSUIPC. no need to have "every one one does all engines".

On the other point raised earlier in this thread, flaps and spoilers need to be "reversed", because normally, with something like throttles, full forward is "max". For flaps and spoiler it's the opposite.

I think, but I'm not sure, that P3D offsets a reverse option. FSUIPC certainly does, in the calibration section. it's labelled "REV".

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete: Do I remember correctly that when the Saitek throttle is retarded it essential goes through a gate, which is actually just a button, and that button can be assigned to a reverse function you provide in FSUIPC that produces 40% reverse thrust? (Or something like that). Seems to me I used that effectively in the CaptainSim C-130.

The current situation for me is that the 3buttons(one of each of the three flip switches) on the yoke doesn't work and the engine reverses. I might try the repeated f2 key for it but doesn't that produce too much reverse?

Hmmm. Have you looked at your devices via the Windows control panel, the very lowest level test? Do the buttons work there?

Have you tried removing the devices and restarting your system to force a reinstall of the drivers?

36 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

F2 is "Throttle decr". For separate throttles there are separate ThrottleN Decr controls which you can assign to buttons, whether in P3D or FSUIPC. no need to have "every one one does all engines".

Pete

That’s it. I think I also use ThrottleN cut on button release. I think the command I use is ThrottleN Decr Slightly or similar wording.

More tomorrow.... er, today. 😊

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, tailspin45 said:

Hmmm. Have you looked at your devices via the Windows control panel, the very lowest level test? Do the buttons work there?

Have you tried removing the devices and restarting your system to force a reinstall of the drivers?

It didn't work there but I'll try reinstall of the drivers tomorrow, it's getting late now 🙂 

3 minutes ago, mustiej said:

It didn't work there but I'll try reinstall of the drivers tomorrow, it's getting late now 🙂 

You can sleep anytime!

Which reminds me of a couple I knew, both pilots, who had a tiny apartment and two Pitts biplanes. Heard someone ask them why not sell one plane and get a bigger place to live. Her answer: "You can sleep in an airplane but you can't do aerobatics in a house!"

BTW, it is possible, as Ray suggests, that you simply have a bad device. But I've thought that too and then discovered it worked fine once I got things sorted. Rays advice is certainly good, but sending back seems like a last resort to me.

Edited by tailspin45

The commands you should assign to the detent for reverse thrust for Throttle 1 in FSUIPC5 are:-

Control when button pressed = Throttle 1 Decr small with Control to repeat while held ticked.

Control when button released = Throttle 1 Cut.

If you want to assign all engines to a single lever then choose the Throttle Decr Small and Throttle Cut commands instead.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, tailspin45 said:

Do I remember correctly that when the Saitek throttle is retarded it essential goes through a gate, which is actually just a button

Yes.

12 hours ago, tailspin45 said:

and that button can be assigned to a reverse function you provide in FSUIPC that produces 40% reverse thrust?

Well, I think you'd need to set it to "repeat while pressed" to get full reverse, which might be 40% of full thrust, or 25%, or whatever is determined for it in the aircraft.cfg file.

12 hours ago, mustiej said:

I might try the repeated f2 key for it but doesn't that produce too much reverse?

For seperate reversers for each engine, use the ThrottleN decr controls (N=1 to 4). And, no, these controls don't produce full reverse on one press. you set "repeat" and keep holding the lever back to achieve full reverse.

You should read Ray's last answer, above, for the full solution.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hey guys im back

My controls went to default somehow but the levers works now except each lever also moves to another view camera and pulls another lever(very annoying!!!) I'm going to try to get the reverses to work. However, the hat switch to use as a freelook never worked. I tried giving individual pan left right etc to each hat switch button in fsuipc but that didn't work and through P3D settings it only did a little notch to the left no matter what direction I pressed to..

EDIT: I forgot to mention: the hat only works horizontally in spot cameraview..

Why does every button work like they are assigned to 10 different control functions.. can't I just copy paste someone's setup in a file and be done with it? 😞

Edited by mustiej

@mustiej, I suspect your FSUIPC5.ini file is probably in a bit of a mess.

You could post it here but really you should post on Pete’s forum as that’s where official support is provided. https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

There is a csv file generated in the modules folder. It will help if you attach that too.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

@mustiej, I suspect your FSUIPC5.ini file is probably in a bit of a mess.

You could post it here but really you should post on Pete’s forum as that’s where official support is provided. https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

There is a csv file generated in the modules folder. It will help if you attach that too.

Thanks, I will do that. I have disabled controllers in P3D settings which makes things setup in FSUIPC ALOT easier however, the spacebar mouse freelook doesn't work now. Any workaround for that?

15 minutes ago, mustiej said:

Thanks, I will do that. I have disabled controllers in P3D settings which makes things setup in FSUIPC ALOT easier however, the spacebar mouse freelook doesn't work now. Any workaround for that?

I don’t use those actions so unsure if there’s a workaround. Someone may be able to assist.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The folks at simflight helped me out! The three flip switches might be actually broken.

Thanks for all the replies!

16 minutes ago, mustiej said:

The folks at simflight helped me out! The three flip switches might be actually broken.

Thanks for all the replies!

I did say that too. If Windows Game Controller doesn’t see the buttons then they are definitely broken.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather