Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

P3D V4 FA50 sound warping and strobe in cockpit

I just bought the FA50 and I have to say I'm a little disappointed that two things that always bugged me about the LJ35 have been carried over into the Falcon--sound warping and seeing the strobe in the VC. Is there any chance that these are being looked into to be fixed?

39 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I just bought the FA50 and I have to say I'm a little disappointed that two things that always bugged me about the LJ35 have been carried over into the Falcon--sound warping and seeing the strobe in the VC. Is there any chance that these are being looked into to be fixed?

Alex,

What sim are you using? I don't see the strobe or rotating beacon in the VC with either a/c in FSX-SE or P3Dv4.4.

Al

19 minutes ago, ark said:

Alex,

What sim are you using? I don't see the strobe or rotating beacon in the VC with either a/c in FSX-SE or P3Dv4.4.

Al

p3d v4.4

9 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

p3d v4.4

Strange - don't know why the difference on what we see.   I have version 1.5b of the Falcon -- what version do you have?

Maybe others can comment on what they see regarding the 'beacon in the cockpit' issue.

Al

Edited by ark

I can confirm no strobe in VC. Not sure about the sound phasing. Still present in the Lear, but can't say I heard it in the Falcon.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

I can confirm no strobe in VC. Not sure about the sound phasing. Still present in the Lear, but can't say I heard it in the Falcon.

It's like I bought a different product than you guys... now I have no idea what's going on...

55 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It's like I bought a different product than you guys... now I have no idea what's going on...

Alex,

I think I now know what is 'going on'. It turns out that because they changed the lighting system in P3dv4.4, external light, like from a beacon, can shine into the interior model depending on how close the light source is to 'where you are' in the model -- this is a known P3D4.4 issue. So in the Falcon, I can see the beacon if I go back into the cabin because the beacon is located on the tail. But apparently the VC is far enough away from the beacon so I don't see it in the VC. Also, ver 1.5b of the Falcon has 'smaller' lights then the original release, so depending on what version you have, that may also make a difference. FSW will be releasing an update soon for the Falcon 50, so that may change what you are seeing. 

Al 

Edited by ark

I checked and there's the sound phasing in the new version.

I'm trying to install the older version to check it and I can't get it to install. It won't go past the serial number / name screen. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

46 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I checked and there's the sound phasing in the new version.

I'm trying to install the older version to check it and I can't get it to install. It won't go past the serial number / name screen. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks

As far as I know, there has not been any changes made to the sound files in the different versions of the Falcon 50.

Al

OK. Must be something I didn't notice. Thanks.

I sent a message to FSW so I can reinstall. I guess I installed too many times testing things out...

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

I've had the sound warp since the the first Beta version I got. It's always been there on my end. Only in the Falcon 50. 

Santiago de Larminat

If you search sound warping on Avsim or FS Developer there is nothing ever mentioned. If you search google there is 2 topics and they talk about sound drivers or sound settings. I have never had a sound warping issue. Can someone make a video so we can hear it?

9 hours ago, Flysimware said:

If you search sound warping on Avsim or FS Developer there is nothing ever mentioned. If you search google there is 2 topics and they talk about sound drivers or sound settings. I have never had a sound warping issue. Can someone make a video so we can hear it?

Might be because I'm using the wrong terminology... it's more commonly known as sound phasing. Here's an old thread on it. Funny enough I had the same issue back in 2011 with another add-on so I'm in that thread as well. I can try to make a video tonight.

22 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Might be because I'm using the wrong terminology... it's more commonly known as sound phasing. Here's an old thread on it. Funny enough I had the same issue back in 2011 with another add-on so I'm in that thread as well. I can try to make a video tonight.

Thanks will read this later. I still want to hear the sound because i am not sure i ever hear this before.

I literally just purchased the aircraft tonight and can confirm both issues above - Beacon light is visible in the VC and sound phasing which occurs if you switch to external view then back to internal.

Aaron

Aaron Lee