Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

P3D V4 FA50 sound warping and strobe in cockpit

1 hour ago, adl320 said:

I literally just purchased the aircraft tonight and can confirm both issues above - Beacon light is visible in the VC and sound phasing which occurs if you switch to external view then back to internal.

Aaron

Are you seeing the Beacon in the VC, or in the passenger cabin? Using P3Dv4.4, I see the Falcon 50  beacon in the cabin but not in the VC as outlined in my post up above. If you are seeing the beacon in the VC, what sim?

Al

2 hours ago, adl320 said:

I see it in the cabin as well. Using P3D 4.4 also.

Aaron

Well, that is strange. I just can't reproduce the beacon problem wrt to the VC in P3Dv4.4. Even with the VC dark (inst lights off) I can't see the beacon in the VC at night. I can only see it back in the passenger cabin. I'm using v1.6 of the Falcon50. Maybe FSW will have some ideas; I just don't know what to suggest at this point other than to simply turn the beacon off (which is the only solution with the same problem in the MU-2).

Al

Edited by ark

On 2/7/2019 at 9:25 AM, adl320 said:

I see it in the cabin as well. Using P3D 4.4 also.

Aaron

P3D V4 changed how there lighting works and now lights bleed into the interior model. Its a bummer too because we have a cool procedure that prevents bleeding in all the 32 bit sims.

I'm also having sound issues. Its like a distorsion.. You can hear it on the preview video of the pulse landing light.

24 sec of this video. 

17 hours ago, etopsbr said:

I'm also having sound issues. Its like a distorsion.. You can hear it on the preview video of the pulse landing light.

24 sec of this video. 

Yep, this is the sound phasing I was originally talking about.

12 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Yep, this is the sound phasing I was originally talking about.

I have been waiting for someone to show me an example of the phasing. This way i know if its gone when i fix it. The noise from this vid is something i have been hearing for decades when you rotate the exterior view and so its normal to me as the camera would never move like that in real life. So i figured this was not the sound and other say when they change from exterior to interior. So i am like what sound are they talking about. 

Also for program like Chase plane and EXDOK does not use rotate around aircraft. So most people will not be bothered as rotate is not a realistic view. But i will try to fix it soon since it seems many users want this fixed.

To fix this you reverse the sound recording from 1 engine. But since this is a 3 engine aircraft i am not sure what to do.

Edited by Flysimware

9 hours ago, Flysimware said:

I have been waiting for someone to show me an example of the phasing. This way i know if its gone when i fix it. The noise from this vid is something i have been hearing for decades when you rotate the exterior view and so its normal to me as the camera would never move like that in real life. So i figured this was not the sound and other say when they change from exterior to interior. So i am like what sound are they talking about. 

Also for program like Chase plane and EXDOK does not use rotate around aircraft. So most people will not be bothered as rotate is not a realistic view. But i will try to fix it soon since it seems many users want this fixed.

To fix this you reverse the sound recording from 1 engine. But since this is a 3 engine aircraft i am not sure what to do.

The problem is that it also start to phase inside the cockpit. Sometimes when you pan around the panels, sometimes out of knowwhere.. I hope you can find a way to fix it. 

Has anymore thought been put into fixing the sound phasing issue?

Alternatively, does anyone know how to edit the sound files to fix it?

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Has anymore thought been put into fixing the sound phasing issue?

Alternatively, does anyone know how to edit the sound files to fix it?

I just heard (watched) the vid a few posts up.  

My only comment is that this is something I've heard in every aircraft in the sim.  If I am in external view, and pan around, the sound is going to phase and warp.  I have always assumed that this was an intentional effect of movement around the sound source.  It would be as in real life, when a train goes by you at high speed, with its whistle/horn blaring...you get a doppler effect of sorts.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I just heard (watched) the vid a few posts up.  

My only comment is that this is something I've heard in every aircraft in the sim.  If I am in external view, and pan around, the sound is going to phase and warp.  I have always assumed that this was an intentional effect of movement around the sound source.  It would be as in real life, when a train goes by you at high speed, with its whistle/horn blaring...you get a doppler effect of sorts.

The phasing issue is not the same as a doppler effect, especially considering the fact that it happens when you're just sitting in the cockpit while taxiing. It's not present in every add-on in the sim as there are plenty of third party devs who've figured out how to fix it. 

• Upvote 2