Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Drive on which to install P3Dv4?

New system and first time install of P3Dv4. Have two 2TB SSD drives, so not clear whether to install P3Dv4 on the system drive C: or on the other drive D:  

Does it matter? 

Ive also seen recommendations to not use the default file path and use a custom folder off the root like C:\P3Dv4 instead. 

Does it matter? 

Functionally, it doesn't seem to matter.  I have my P3D installed on a drive separate from the system drive and it works very well.  I prefer to have P3D on a separate drive for a couple reasons:

1.  If system drive crashes/dies my sim info is not affected.

2.  I can easily change the sim to a larger drive as I purchase/install additional software without having to reinstall the system.

Hope this information is helpful.

Danny

Danny

So no performance related benefits or issues either way? Just potential convenience related to recovery? 

No performance benefits that I could see in the sim.  I have installed the sim on to an ssd from a standard HDD and that has helped performance a little.  

Danny

Danny