Sign in to follow this  
ahunterG95

Doesnt get more accurate!

I had my first "WOW" moment using Firefighter X today!

Currently, in my home state of Victoria, Australia, there are various Bushfires burning through remote bush. The majority started by lightning.

So I went for a virtual Obs flight today, based out of YHOT in my C337. Victoria has a fantastic public safety app/website/fire map available, so I found the closest out of control fire to YHOT which is listed as the Timbarra fire. It was listed in Firefighter X as the closest fire, so I dispatched a few AI Firehawks to follow out.

The WOW part was when I got to the virtual fire-ground and looked at the detailed map of the freely available Little Navmap and then at the online fire-map.

Little Navmap display: Aircraft all above fire-ground. Take note of river, contours and also roads.

lPp9YnA.jpg

And here is the Vic Emergency App/Website/fire map display, showing the fire-ground! Incredible!!

Q02ZcCp.jpg

An absolute credit to the accuracy of both FirefighterX and the make and content of Little Navmap!

Andrew

Can you see the actual fire in flight sim? 

Are the extras you called out with you are they AI generated? 

Did they put out the fire?

Ciao!

On 3/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, briansommers said:

Can you see the actual fire in flight sim? 

Are the extras you called out with you are they AI generated? 

Did they put out the fire?

1. Yes of course. That is the point of the app. And it happens live, at runtime, these are not canned missions or sceneries.

2. The AI firefighters are created by FFX in a couple of different modes, that you select.

3. Yes. If they don't crash, that is. The simulator AI aircraft are not really that smart - not even clever enough to avoid mountains.

If you are interested, the FFX manual is available as a free download on the Lorby-SI website, section "DOWNLOADS". Made a couple of YouTube videos too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpCT21_rzqzfARhkopr2L0Q/videos

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI