Sign in to follow this  
ark

FSW Lear35A Update 4.1A

... has been just sent to the stores. This update fixes bugs involving the landing light textures, clock click spots, and the Options 2D popup panel.

Al

Edited by ark

The "Tool" to update the FSX Panel.cfg is not working  with FSW 4.1A.

It does not find FSX so I tried Custom.

It said it updated the Panel CFG but it did not.

I removed the panel cfg to the deshtop.

Ran the Tool again.

It said it updated the panel.cfg.

It did not update the panel.cfg (on the desktop) naturally, and did not create a new Panel cfg in the FSX folder.

The Toll did work in P4Dv4 ... without having to select Custom.

I did all this As admin.

I did not see the virus checker blocking anything.

Edit:

After rebooting the PC the FSX option and P3Dv4 option showed up in the Tools top menu and it worked.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks for the update.... 

I unistalled 4.1 and reinstalled 4.1A and here i have few comments regarding latest version:

- Landing lights too bright-shaped: may be too mutch bright, defined shape... 🙄

- Recognition lights wont illuminate ground at all? May be its good to add some. I didnt notice the beam comming out of the tips neither... Not sure if a matter of clear environment or...if not present at all.

- Any possibility to make PNL and INSTR dimmer to really work?   IMO PNL lighting seems too bright to me and INSTR lights is a ON/OFF as well, i see the new altimeter is too bright in comparison to surrounding instruments lighting.   Ive seen pictures around about real thing and looks pretty close compared to FSW´s, but when turning panel lights on its so so bright that captures your attention id say...  No dimmer for altimeter LCD... 🤔

- No autopilot buttons lights:  is it normal that i dont have any lights for the autopilot buttons?  Autopilot is actually working, but i have to remember my last clicks in order to manage autoflight, but i dont see any lights for the buttons:

vcy-yh1LUaq4prjq4ub0qciaDvbeKi0uRMf0giNA

For the while, i will continue my flight and pay attention to arcft response... 👍

Thanks for support, 

Edited by Raphael_Chacon

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

2 hours ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

I unistalled 4.1 and reinstalled 4.1A and here i have few comments regarding latest version:

- Recognition lights wont illuminate ground at all? May be its good to add some. I didnt notice the beam comming out of the tips neither... Not sure if a matter of clear environment or...if not present at all.

- Any possibility to make PNL and INSTR dimmer to really work?   IMO PNL lighting seems too bright to me and INSTR lights is a ON/OFF as well, i see the new altimeter is too bright in comparison to surrounding instruments lighting.   Ive seen pictures around about real thing and looks pretty close compared to FSW´s, but when turning panel lights on its so so bright that captures your attention id say...  No dimmer for altimeter LCD... 🤔

- No autopilot buttons lights:  is it normal that i dont have any lights for the autopilot buttons?  Autopilot is actually working, but i have to remember my last clicks in order to manage autoflight, but i dont see any lights for the buttons:

For the while, i will continue my flight and pay attention to arcft response... 👍

Thanks for support, 

FSW will have to address your landing/recognition lights comments. I do know that the dimmers where changed to on/off switches because the dimmers used a lot of memory which impacted VAS, and issue in the 32 bit sims. However, there is a kit on the FSW website to return some of the dimming capability for those who wish to use it. Since P3Dv4.4  does not have the memory limitations of the 32 bit sims, a future L35 update will likely bring back the dimmer controls for P3D4.4.

There are autopilot lights (do make sure the AP and Avionic master switches are on). The shot below is from P3Dv4.4.

Al

28f3e555e0.JPG

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

Thanks for support, 

Landing lights are stronger near evening but better at dark. We had to increase so the lines show more.

Recognition point outward and are not suppose to light the ground. They are to warn other airplanes. They have 3D effects and show light coming from the lights.

The main website product page has a download for manual and full brightness control.

Autopilot working for everyone else and no other reports of issues. Press the TST button with the master autopilot switch on. Master located on lower main panel. With master off the green lights will flicker.

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

Landing lights are stronger near evening but better at dark. We had to increase so the lines show more.

The white is too strong IMHO...Sometimes cant distinguish the centerlines... In some sceneries looks normal though (dont know why).

Recognition point outward and are not suppose to light the ground. They are to warn other airplanes. They have 3D effects and show light coming from the lights.

I thought they would.... its not a weak beam after all... I will test more about the 3D effect since im using OldProp addon too.

The main website product page has a download for manual and full brightness control.

Easy one i didnt remember.  Hope it can be updated for future native V4 version....  Thanks for the advice, Full dimmers on! 🤩

Autopilot working for everyone else and no other reports of issues...

Weird..... i swear the lights were not showing at all...   And after restarting the sim in order to install the full dimmer feature, came back to the Lear and found they just work normally:

gCCTCT9-XDsZxjcqGX0GrjmpdKQ0wSJyM46NXiAN

Not sure if something to do with that file...

Well, enough talking, lets go flying! 🍻

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

I've not tried this update yet, so might comment is slightly off piste, but I have observed inconsistent behaviour with various lights in both the Lear and the MU-2. Autopilot lights don't always illuminate when a function is engaged, and sometimes the illuminated switches don't light up when set to on. Nothing earth shattering, reloading the aircraft resolves the issue, but personally I've found the lights a touch troublesome. I've only observed this sort of issue with the Lear and the MU-2, so I don't think its a more general simulator issue (P3D V4.4)

8 hours ago, samtheeagleuk said:

I've not tried this update yet, so might comment is slightly off piste, but I have observed inconsistent behaviour with various lights in both the Lear and the MU-2.

That is strange; I have not run into this problem, at least not yet, in either FSX/FSX-SE or P3Dv4.4 with the Falcon50, Lear35 or MU-2.

Al

9 hours ago, samtheeagleuk said:

I've not tried this update yet, so might comment is slightly off piste, but I have observed inconsistent behaviour with various lights in both the Lear and the MU-2. Autopilot lights don't always illuminate when a function is engaged, and sometimes the illuminated switches don't light up when set to on. Nothing earth shattering, reloading the aircraft resolves the issue, but personally I've found the lights a touch troublesome. I've only observed this sort of issue with the Lear and the MU-2, so I don't think its a more general simulator issue (P3D V4.4)

Most likely you had the master switch off. They work as they should or we would get emails on the issue.

I'm just about to take the 4.1A update for a jaunt now, so I'll let you know how things go! Don't get me wrong, I love both aircraft, and it could well be something I'm doing, I've just not figured it out yet.

Hi All,

A quick update... The flight yesterday went fine, no funny business, but tonight I took another jaunt from Oslo to Trondheim and had the issue crop up again. I've captured some screenshots to illustrate.

#1 Autopilot switch enabled, and autopilot functioning correctly, but the AP lights don't highlight what mode(s) are engaged. Is there some other switch I need to throw to make this behave?

BLaFUPs.png

#2 Pressing the light test button after landing, disco inferno, except the AP mode annunciators

CuX4ECF.png

#3 From the Vehicle menu I reloaded the exact same aircraft and livery and tried the light test button again, and we're all good

ADYhEan.png

As I said this is a minor issue, but I am hitting probably 50% of the time I use my Lear or MU-2. @Raphael_Chacon you might not have been imagining things 🙂

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, samtheeagleuk said:

but the AP lights don't highlight what mode(s) are engaged

Have you turned the AP master switch on.

edit , looking at your photo it appears to be on.

bob

Edited by onebob

For some reason that is beyond my understanding, some "complex" addon aircraft may not fully function correctly if you load up that aircraft first. I guess what I am trying to say is this: try selecting a "default" aircraft first at the airport you desire to depart from. Once that default aircraft loads, then go to the Vehicle Menu and select the Lear 35 and load it. See if this makes a difference with the auto-pilot mode selector lights. Some of my addon aircraft like A2A I cannot for whatever reason load them initially at my selected airport of departure. I have to first load up a default aircraft and then select the A2A aircraft I desire to fly--if I do not do this, the A2A aircraft does not always function correctly. Go figure??

I just finished a flight with version 4.1A and all works well for me (P3D 3.4xx)

2 hours ago, samtheeagleuk said:

...As I said this is a minor issue, but I am hitting probably 50% of the time I use my Lear or MU-2. @Raphael_Chacon you might not have been imagining things ...

hahaha Thanks good, i was about to quick Virtual Aviation and start using Bus Simulator or something...!!!  🤣

In fact, that is exactly what im experiencing.   Sometimes it works, sometimes it wont....   Ive performed a couple of flights and noticed that the ghost issue is still there...

Looking forward for update... 👌

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

25 minutes ago, raymie said:

For some reason that is beyond my understanding, some "complex" addon aircraft may not fully function correctly if you load up that aircraft first. I guess what I am trying to say is this: try selecting a "default" aircraft first at the airport you desire to depart from. Once that default aircraft loads, then go to the Vehicle Menu and select the Lear 35 and load it. See if this makes a difference with the auto-pilot mode selector lights. Some of my addon aircraft like A2A I cannot for whatever reason load them initially at my selected airport of departure. I have to first load up a default aircraft and then select the A2A aircraft I desire to fly--if I do not do this, the A2A aircraft does not always function correctly. Go figure??

I just finished a flight with version 4.1A and all works well for me (P3D 3.4xx)

Each add-on developer should tell you how to start up a flight for the sim you are using.

Have you asked, in this case, A2A and Lear 35?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW