Sign in to follow this  
Pat Mussotte

747-400 moving in C&D

Hello friends!

Today I wanted to make my first flight with the 747-400(QOTS II)from Manchester to Lisbon but a strange thing happened after aircraft initialization. The plane started moving(at this time the panel state was "Short" selected, but it happens also whatever the panel is)and I saw on the ND a TAS of 100 kt. My default flight is the F22, engines running. I stopped P3D4.4 and restarted it selecting the 747-8. This time this plane stayed at the gate after initialization. I tried also the 747-8F and the 747-400F but it seems to affect only the 747-400. Any clue what's going on guys?

Thanks for help, 

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

You forgot the part in the story that happened before you selected Short panel state.  Your default flight is okay, but these are symptoms of you loading one PMDG product on the top of another.  Do that and this is one of the things that can happen.

I think the Introduction explains this issue well.  Couple of key items, always start P3D where it first opens the Select Scenario window; then, either load a previously saved scenario or create new one by selecting vehicle, location time and weather.  

Dan Downs KCRP

23 minutes ago, downscc said:

I think the Introduction explains this issue well.  Couple of key items, always start P3D where it first opens the Select Scenario window; then, either load a previously saved scenario or create new one by selecting vehicle, location time and weather.  

Thank you for answering my post. That is "exactly" how I always proceed, in creating a new scenario! I NEVER launch a PMDG, or another plane, on top of a previous scenario. I open P3D, select the plane, the location and launch the flight!

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I'm at a loss... I assume you are not using the slew mode.  Since you mentioned you were using a short panel state I assume you were loading a saved flight rather than creating a new scenario?  Maybe a bad panel?  I'm careful not to mix -400 and -8 panels... don't know if that's a PMDG recommendation but it's my policy.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

The title of my topic is a little bit misleading, I should have writen whatever panel state I choose. I never save a flight, I always close it because the next time I start a brand new one. For almost every flight, I select "short"because in real life when we arrive at the plane, it is already powered with the GPU or the APU, by the ground crew(I'm a former flight engineer). Only when I flew the Dc8 in French Air Force, I found the plane in cold and dark after a night stop, because we had no ground crew Dc8 qualified and I had to do even the ground crew task as "oil levels". I removed the default flight files from the P3D4 folder in "documents"and created a brand new one with the F22 at Eglin on active runway engines running. I checked different 747, each time restarting P3D, also the 777 but the -400 is the only one with this behaviour. Surely I screwed up something, somewhere, but I don't see what. 

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Regards

Pat

Patrick Mussotte

When you start a brand new one (i.e., set up a new scenario after selecting aircraft and location), are you waiting for the first configuration of the -400 loaded to fully initialize before selecting a short turn panel state?  Is all normal (i.e., engines running and not moving 100 kts) before you select the short panel state?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes of course, that 's a thing I've learnt from my first PMDG plane(MD11). Except for the -400, I can change panel state, for example on the -400F, from "SHORT" to "LONG"after the initialization(everything is normal before I change panel state). I still have the ultimate solution to reinstall the 747!

Patrick Mussotte

If changing the panel state induces a 100 kt movement then I think you have a bad panel state.  There have been a couple of version changes since the QOTSII came out that rendered all previous panel states problematic.

Dan Downs KCRP

Finally, unable to find where is the culprit, I decided to reinstall the 747 after cleaning my P3D4 of all the 747 related folders. I also deleted my last flight in the "documents"P3D4 files folder. Now problem solved!

Best regards

Pat

Patrick Mussotte

50 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Finally, unable to find where is the culprit, I decided to reinstall the 747 after cleaning my P3D4 of all the 747 related folders. I also deleted my last flight in the "documents"P3D4 files folder. Now problem solved!

Best regards

Pat

LOL instead of cleaning a room in the house to solve a problem you built a new house. Hopefully it was just a bad panel state file.

Dan Downs KCRP

14 hours ago, downscc said:

If changing the panel state induces a 100 kt movement then I think you have a bad panel state.  There have been a couple of version changes since the QOTSII came out that rendered all previous panel states problematic.

If it was the case, what should have done? I already removed the 2 files named respectively "Previous Flight.fxml.fmc and Previous Flight.fxm"from the Panel State folder in a last try. What more cleaning was necessary?

Patrick Mussotte

Changing a panel state cannot move the plane. It's simply loading switch positions.

Something else is at play here.

Kyle Rodgers

What puzzle me is that it is only the -400 affected. Yesterday I made a flight with the -400M starting from "Short" without problem!

Patrick Mussotte

6 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

What puzzle me is that it is only the -400 affected. Yesterday I made a flight with the -400M starting from "Short" without problem!

Then there is something else at play here - the 400 and 400M share the same code that make them move.

Kyle Rodgers

I just finished a flight from EHAM to LPPT with the -400BCF without problem starting from "Short". Basecally I wanted to fly the -400M like yesterday, but after initialization period, the plane start moving like the -400. Then I closed P3D4, removed the 2 previous flight files in "document"and restarted P3D4 with this time the -400BCF.

Patrick Mussotte