Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Flashing Part II

22 hours ago, Polymath said:

I'm the "other guy" and I tested again using "test 10 model interior" and Falcon50 version 3 and the flashing is gone.  I tried several flights and the same good response.

This afternoon I set up a flight from Boca Raton and set the aircraft on the runway at start.  I had the same flashing I had previously before "Test 10".  When I started the aircraft in Parking at Boca Raton, there was almost no Flashing.  In flight there was no flashing.  I don't think TEST 10 fully resolves the Flashing Problem.

Polymath

On 1/14/2019 at 10:27 PM, Flysimware said:

So Bill and Wink both confirmed the flashing was gone. But i have another fellow on email who tried test 10 and right away said using steam it failed. I just don't understand this outcome he stated as we are using an older model that worked. So let me know if this test 10 does in fact work over a few flights. I have a feeling this other guy may have not tested correctly.

Please see my post of this afternoon!!

3 minutes ago, Polymath said:

This afternoon I set up a flight from Boca Raton and set the aircraft on the runway at start.  I had the same flashing I had previously before "Test 10".  When I started the aircraft in Parking at Boca Raton, there was almost no Flashing.  In flight there was no flashing.  I don't think TEST 10 fully resolves the Flashing Problem.

Polymath

What sim were you using?

Al

57 minutes ago, ark said:

What sim were you using?

Al

FSX Steam Edition.  It appears that the flashing occurs on the runway at start.  But not off the runway at start.  Weird

Edited by Polymath

3 hours ago, Polymath said:

FSX Steam Edition.  It appears that the flashing occurs on the runway at start.  But not off the runway at start.  Weird

I agree as i find this model when updated with future work starts to flash for me in steam as well. I am going to use an much older model and work from there.

Edited by Flysimware

Test 13 we are very confident because we went even further back. And when we tried to add a specific group of parts it started to flash. So i updated the older group manually once again so it would not be a bugged group.So we may have found the bad parts. Keep me posted.

test13.zip

13 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Test 13 we are very confident because we went even further back. And when we tried to add a specific group of parts it started to flash. So i updated the older group manually once again so it would not be a bugged group.So we may have found the bad parts. Keep me posted.

test13.zip

Thanks for the update.  I will try Test 13 and get back to you.  Great Support!!!!!

14 hours ago, Flysimware said:

test13.zip

Tried a number of flights and locations, and found no Flashing as yet.  The FPS are 10 lower all of my many other aircraft using same starting scenarios.  I was getting 25+ FPS on other aircraft, and a varying FPS of 13-19 with Falcon 50.  The FPS info might not provide you with much add'l info due to so many other variables, but I'm running "Very High" Graphic scenarios and am trying to provide any info that may be of consequence for you.

Regards,

Steve (Polymath)

15 hours ago, Flysimware said:

test13.zip

I have carried out 5 separate restarts of FSX at different airports this afternoon and loaded the Falcon each time with no problems. In addition I carried out one flight of about 45 minutes without encountering any flashing. So it looks promising for this mod but, if I can, I will do a longer flight tonight although as I have said, most of the instances of flashing previously were on first loading the aircraft.

Bill

This is now puzzling me.

I've had the same flashing in another payware aircraft, but this is on a fresh FSX-SE install. The Lear and the C441 are installed, the Falcon not yet. The flashing appeared after installing the GTN, but I don't know if it may be the culprit.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

51 minutes ago, rosariomanzo said:

This is now puzzling me.

I've had the same flashing in another payware aircraft, but this is on a fresh FSX-SE install. The Lear and the C441 are installed, the Falcon not yet. The flashing appeared after installing the GTN, but I don't know if it may be the culprit.

If I understand correctly what you are saying above, you have not had any flashing so far with FSW aircraft -- is that correct?

Thx,

Al

Rosario, I've had flashes when my monitor connection wasn't making full contact, might try turning off your PC system and pull the connection form both the monitor and the PC and make sure they are well seated, just a thought!

Good luck!

Martin 

1 hour ago, ark said:

If I understand correctly what you are saying above, you have not had any flashing so far with FSW aircraft -- is that correct?

Thx,

Al

I had it initially with the Falcon in a previous FSX-SE install. I reinstalled Steam two days ago and I'm reinstalling all the aircraft now.Yesterday I installed the GTN. Today I took the "other" payware aircraft and had the flashing. I've not reinstalled the Falcon yet.

Edited by rosariomanzo

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

2 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Rosario, I've had flashes when my monitor connection wasn't making full contact, might try turning off your PC system and pull the connection form both the monitor and the PC and make sure they are well seated, just a thought!

Good luck!

Martin 

Hi Martin

I'm on a laptop.

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

25 minutes ago, rosariomanzo said:

I had it initially with the Falcon in a previous FSX-SE install. I reinstalled Steam two days ago and I'm reinstalling all the aircraft now.Yesterday I installed the GTN. Today I took the "other" payware aircraft and had the flashing. I've not reinstalled the Falcon yet.

For now, after installing the lasting version of the Falcon50, update it with the interior model file at the Test13 link in an above post.

Eventually, of course, there will be a new Falcon50 ver to install as a result of the texturing process that is now going on.

Al