Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Flashing Part II

19 minutes ago, ark said:

For now, after installing the lasting version of the Falcon50, update it with the interior model file at the Test13 link in an above post.

Eventually, of course, there will be a new Falcon50 ver to install as a result of the texturing process that is now going on.

Al

Hi Al

I have to wait for the vendor to upload the 1.5 version to test.

I'm not a programmer, but I guess the flashing, in my personal setup, is due to a heavy graphic strain on my system (I7@2.9GHZ)

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

Well, I hate to bring this up but the vampire is not dead yet. I have been flying the Falcon every day and had not seen any flashing until just now. FSX boxed, SP2, Test13 on the model. End of a 4 hr flight from Colorado to Bahamas. The entire route was fine until the descent, where the flashing began anew. Some simple flashing and an artifact across the VC at one point. I found that I could make it go away by pressing ALT on the keyboard to bring up the task bar at the top. I always fly full screen. Landed ok but I have found in the past that exiting FSX and reloading makes the flashing disappear. I didn't need to resort to that here.

For what it's worth.

Rick

2 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Well, I hate to bring this up but the vampire is not dead yet. I have been flying the Falcon every day and had not seen any flashing until just now. FSX boxed, SP2, Test13 on the model. End of a 4 hr flight from Colorado to Bahamas. The entire route was fine until the descent, where the flashing began anew. Some simple flashing and an artifact across the VC at one point. I found that I could make it go away by pressing ALT on the keyboard to bring up the task bar at the top. I always fly full screen. Landed ok but I have found in the past that exiting FSX and reloading makes the flashing disappear. I didn't need to resort to that here.

For what it's worth.

Rick

If you get a chance try the just released version 1.6 of the Falcon 50. FSW has been trying different things, such as the component groups 'build order' in an attempt to get a handle on what is at the root of the flashing issue, so all feedback is valuable.  My personal opinion (spelled 'g u e s s') is the flashing is related in some way to the amount of memory available to the sim since P3Dv4.4 has been largely immune to the flashing problem, at least so far. And of course, we know there are significant updates coming down the road as a result of the ongoing texturing process, which has also involved some remodeling work.  I won't be surprised if when 'all is said and done', there are two outstanding but slightly different variations of the FSW Falcon 50 -- one for 32 bit sims, and one for P3Dv4.4 that takes advantage of some of the new capabilities P3D4.4 offers.

Al

Edited by ark

16 minutes ago, ark said:

If you get a chance try the just released version 1.6 of the Falcon 50. FSW has been trying different things, such as the component groups 'build order' in an attempt to get a handle on what is at the root of the flashing issue, so all feedback is valuable.  My personal opinion (spelled 'g u e s s') is the flashing is related in some way to the amount of memory available to the sim since P3Dv4.4 has been largely immune to the flashing problem, at least so far. And of course, we know there are significant updates coming down the road as a result of the ongoing texturing process, which has also involved some remodeling work.  I won't be surprised if when 'all is said and done', there are two outstanding but slightly different variations of the FSW Falcon 50 -- one for 32 bit sims, and one for P3Dv4.4 that takes advantage of some of the new capabilities P3D4.4 offers.

Al

Yes Al. I'll try 1.6 tomorrow and report back. Also I'll take a look at the memory usage. I haven't looked at that for some time. Also from my perspective I would be very happy with two versions. Hell, I'm happy with what I have right now, minus the flashes.

Edited by Wink207

Did some testing today and found the issue is that the 32 bit sims can't handle 1,383 animations. So we are going to keep all for P3D V4.4 and for the rest they will have less animations. 

The animations that will be missing really can't be seen. Like the autopilot mode buttons are very thin momentary push buttons. Same for the GNS 530 GPS units. We also removed some hidden parts in the upper section of the rudder pedals. On the main panel there are also some very thin momentary push buttons. So in total we removed 170 animations so this will fix the flashing and i noticed the FPS went up another 10 FPS.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Did some testing today and found the issue is that the 32 bit sims can't handle 1,383 animations. So we are going to keep all for P3D V4.4 and for the rest they will have less animations. 

The animations that will be missing really can't be seen. Like the autopilot mode buttons are very thin momentary push buttons. Same for the GNS 530 GPS units. We also removed some hidden parts in the upper section of the rudder pedals. On the main panel there are also some very thin momentary push buttons. So in total we removed 170 animations so this will fix the flashing and i noticed the FPS went up another 10 FPS.

Thanks Mark. Sounds like a great path to take. We 32 bitters will be eternally grateful.

Edit: Forgot to ask. Are these changes is 1.6? I will be working with that today.

Thanks

Edited by Wink207

4 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Edit: Forgot to ask. Are these changes is 1.6? I will be working with that today.

Thanks

No, I think v1.6 went out before some of those almost non-visible animations were removed. I expect there will be an update in a couple of weeks with the new textures, so may have to wait until then -- there is a lot of intense  'work in progress' going on right now.

Al

1 hour ago, ark said:

No, I think v1.6 went out before some of those almost non-visible animations were removed. I expect there will be an update in a couple of weeks with the new textures, so may have to wait until then -- there is a lot of intense  'work in progress' going on right now.

Al

Ok Thanks Al.

Hello all.

I did a flight from EGLF to EBAW with the Falcon 50 version 1.6 in P3D V3.4. Default scenery.

No flashing whatsoever.