Sign in to follow this  
CedrikSchmitz

Easy way to Upgrade Database

Hello Folks,

first of all thank you for this awesome GPS. I am a proud user of 430 and 530 GNS. I love flying Helicopters around the World and for that I need current Database. In the 430 and 530 is Databse expired since around 2010. Is there an easy and kindly way to Upgrade to current Databases? I KNOW (!) there is a Thread for Upgrading but as a normal enthusiast without any experience it not readable 😄 So maybe someone can make a Checklist or Tutorial how (if it is possible) to Upgrade...

Lovely Regards

Cedrik Schmitz

Your attention is directed to the following post -

Edited by RXP
removed link to wrong product

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

You're just one click away of the DB discussion:

PS: you don't have to read the 5 pages but there is no shortcut to learning except the 'recommended' posts in the discussion to get started on the right tracks.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 1/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, RXP said:

Hi,

You're just one click away of the DB discussion:

PS: you don't have to read the 5 pages but there is no shortcut to learning except the 'recommended' posts in the discussion to get started on the right tracks.

Out of curiosity, have you all ever approached Garmin with the possibility of selling their data to your customers?  I assume you've had to work out some licensing agreement to use their trainer.  Why not offer a subscription service to their data as well?

Seems like an additional revenue stream for both of you.

Of course, they might not be that forward thinking... 🙂

• Like 1

@wazooda Hi, I've written in the forum, a while ago, once we're done releasing all our Garmin products I'll have a closer and more active look at this question!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@wazooda Hi, I've written in the forum, a while ago, once we're done releasing all our Garmin products I'll have a closer and more active look at this question!

Fantastic! Your product is so head and shoulders above any other GPS simulation, that having an easy and reliable source of current data would make it truly unbeatable.

Thanks!

• Like 1