Sign in to follow this  
Camsdad13

Anybody have this problem?

I’ve been Simming since the late 80’s. I have FSX and P3D but still use FS9 mainly since aircraft I like only work well in FS9. 

A few months back I switched to a NVME drive. Cloned my old ssd and installed everything. Rebuilt my config files. Everything runs great except for one thing. I always have issues with my flight controls. I go into FSUIPC to set them back up and fly. Next time I start up and fly all the settings rare screwed up again. I determined the problem to be the keys that I deleted in FS9 controller screen returned and I had to delete them again so they didn’t interfere with FSUIPC settings. 

FS9 still keeps reassigning buttons every time I restart. It’s within FS and nothing to do with FSUIPC. Any ideas?

I don't have any ideas about your problem, but I would like to know what a "NVME drive" is please.

S'ok, I googled NVME. I am just about to convert to another SSD and now I will ask whether it is NVME or not.

18 hours ago, rogwen said:

S'ok, I googled NVME. I am just about to convert to another SSD and now I will ask whether it is NVME or not.

I decided to try the NVME M.2 drive but honestly I don’t notice any difference in speed from a SATA ssd 

If I understand correctly, the problem is FS9 assigning controller axes to aircraft axes automatically, after you deleted them all from FS9 menu?

You can try assigning one axis of every controller to an aircraft axis that you don't need. Say you never fly props, you'd assign one axis of your joystick to propeller pitch #4 - obviously you can still assign this axis to elevator or what you need from FSUIPC. I think this stops FS9 recreating assignments for that controller?

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if this will work with controls, but if you want to keep changed certain settings you need to write a batch file that will overwrite the fs9.cfg with a modified one you keep in another location. FS9 will overwrite certain settings with the defaults on exit.

• Upvote 1