Sign in to follow this  
henkscheffer

Failures withe the 777-300

Hello,

My name is Henk Scheffer and I fly the PMDG 737, the 777-200 and the 777-300. And some other planes

Here is my question

I have only the problem with the 777-300. The Failures in the FMC “Set Up” are setting by default (not active)

But every time when I am on the runway and start rolling, the failures come alive with failures Wheels and Brakes (Page 5). Sometimes more than 10 failures.

I calibrate the pedals, disconnected them. I taxied very slowly to the runway.

What can I do, and why come the failures alive when I have the failures not active?

It’s funny, but the problems not exist when I fly the 737-900 or the 777-200.

Thank you in advance for your answer and maybe a solution

If you're dragging your brakes, you'll increase the brake temperatures and eventually blow the tires. I usually set a bit of a null zone, so when the pedals are completely released, they don't send a signal that causes the brakes to be depressed even slightly.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

32 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

If you're dragging your brakes, you'll increase the brake temperatures and eventually blow the tires. I usually set a bit of a null zone, so when the pedals are completely released, they don't send a signal that causes the brakes to be depressed even slightly.

Precisely what I too used see at one time, Capt Kevin, but now am so careful (a) with taxi-out/in speeds and (b)brake trigger on the hardware joystick yoke. 

Just to add to the previous responses:

If you over use the brakes, the brake temp followed by melted, flattened tires, happens even if you have failures turned off.  To fix, you need to cool the brakes before changing the tires or the tires will just melt again.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2