Sign in to follow this  
BAW19

737-800 compatibility with full size cockpit?

Hi all,

I have a full sized 737 cockpit running p3d v4.4. I'm currently using the default 737 from FSX but would like a more realistic model. However I not sure which supplier to go with. The PMDG is a faithful reproduction of the real thing but the published FSUIPC offsets appear to be read-only.

Does that mean I can't use it in my cockpit as I don't have any on-screen panels open, just the exterior view?

I don't need to control the FMC as I have my own software to do that - I'm more interested in the electrics/fuel/hydraulics etc. Is the plane fully flyable without opening any panels, just so long as I use FSUIPC offsets?

Thanks for any replies,

Regards

Ian

https://www.facebook.com/SimAirUK
Windows 7 64 bit | Prepar3d v4 | FSUIPC v5 | Rex4 Texture Direct | Active Sky 2016 P3D4 | Active Sky Cloud Art | Ultimate Traffic Live | GoFlight | OpenCockpits SIOC | vPilot

Edited by BAW19
Add signature

1 hour ago, BAW19 said:

Hi all,

I have a full sized 737 cockpit running p3d v4.4. I'm currently using the default 737 from FSX but would like a more realistic model. However I not sure which supplier to go with. The PMDG is a faithful reproduction of the real thing but the published FSUIPC offsets appear to be read-only.

Does that mean I can't use it in my cockpit as I don't have any on-screen panels open, just the exterior view?

I don't need to control the FMC as I have my own software to do that - I'm more interested in the electrics/fuel/hydraulics etc. Is the plane fully flyable without opening any panels, just so long as I use FSUIPC offsets?

Thanks for any replies,

Regards

Ian

https://www.facebook.com/SimAirUK
Windows 7 64 bit | Prepar3d v4 | FSUIPC v5 | Rex4 Texture Direct | Active Sky 2016 P3D4 | Active Sky Cloud Art | Ultimate Traffic Live | GoFlight | OpenCockpits SIOC | vPilot

Ian, Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Since you have indicated that you are using Opencocpits there are 3rd party software that can interface our SDK with opencockpits. If you do not want to go that way, our included SDK provides all the offsets needed for someone to programm any interface.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Cheers Chris - I'm a programmer so I'll take a look at the SDK. Is that available before purchase?

Regards

Ian

47 minutes ago, BAW19 said:

Cheers Chris - I'm a programmer so I'll take a look at the SDK. Is that available before purchase?

Regards

Ian

No is part of the full package.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

How many computers are you using? What are you doing to control your display?

You may want to consider options that are designed for full sized simulators such as ifly cockpit builders edition or prosim.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Hi Ian

I have realised a full size homecockpit with PMDG737NGX, most of the hardware being from Opencockpits. You can use OCP4NGX to connect your hardware to the NGX for all B737 specific knobs, dials and displays. You can also use FSUIPC to read values, meanwhile for commands to NGX (called events) there is a special procedure in FSUIPC via two special offsets. All panels can be opened in the NGX as separate windows and moved/sized/fixed to any monitor in your cockpit. And everything works fine on a single, of course high end PC with two graphic cards and one Matrox TH2G for my 10 monitors/TVs. You may have a look to our Swiss Flight Forum, where I have published many photos and (German) descriptions, from the start to the actual state:

https://www.flightforum.ch/board/topic/95080-homecockpit-bauer/?page=5

Bests regards
Urs Meyer

Edited by alpinflier
  • Like 1

Check this out for using the PMDG B737 -800 as your cockpit software

www.flghtsim4fun.com