Sign in to follow this  
onebob

Falcon F50 reverser

Set up the reverser axis in the prepar3d controls for engine no2 ( also tried it in FSuipc5 ) but it doesn't appear to be having the affect of slowing down the airplane when engaged, the power setting is about 78, sure it was better than this in earlier versions. using F2 gets the power on quicker but this of course is for all three engines but I understand the f50 only engine 2 that is the reverse.

bob

The Falcon reverser AFAIK hasn't a very powerfull braking action.

Once, a F900 pilot told me that if he wanted to stop his Falcon using only the reverser, it would take in excess of 6,000ft of runway. The main system used to stop the airplane are the MLG brakes.

I suppose that the Falcon 50 is no different.

Santiago de Larminat

44 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

The Falcon reverser AFAIK hasn't a very powerfull braking action.

Once, a F900 pilot told me that if he wanted to stop his Falcon using only the reverser, it would take in excess of 6,000ft of runway. The main system used to stop the airplane are the MLG brakes.

I suppose that the Falcon 50 is no different.

Ok, thanks for responding.

bob

Generally speaking for turbojet airplanes, the thrust reversers provide extremely little stopping power. So little, in fact, that you aren't even allowed to factor their use into the computed landing distance of the airplane unless the runway is contaminated. All of the dry runway book data assumes that the thrust reversers aren't used. In most situations on a dry runway, the TR's reduce the total stopping distance by a couple hundred feet. 

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Thrust reversers are most effective at high speeds; the sooner after touchdown you deploy them, the more benefit that they'll give

you.   As the aircraft slows, their effect diminishes dramatically.   

That being said, I've been doing quite a bit my practice with the Falcon 50 on very short runways (4000 feet or less), and I've found that my timing

in deploying the reverser has made much of the difference between my being able to stop the plane successfully and my going off the end of the runway.

2 hours ago, tatfsn said:

Thrust reversers are most effective at high speeds; the sooner after touchdown you deploy them, the more benefit that they'll give

you.   As the aircraft slows, their effect diminishes dramatically.   

That being said, I've been doing quite a bit my practice with the Falcon 50 on very short runways (4000 feet or less), and I've found that my timing

in deploying the reverser has made much of the difference between my being able to stop the plane successfully and my going off the end of the runway.

Are you using F2 and F1 to deploy  the reversers, I have an axis on my ch yoke assigned to engine 2.

4 hours ago, capceo said:

Generally speaking for turbojet airplanes, the thrust reversers provide extremely little stopping power. So little, in fact, that you aren't even allowed to factor their use into the computed landing distance of the airplane unless the runway is contaminated. All of the dry runway book data assumes that the thrust reversers aren't used. In most situations on a dry runway, the TR's reduce the total stopping distance by a couple hundred feet. 

Thanks for your input, very useful.

bob