Sign in to follow this  
New Light

FS9 Installation Issue (resolved)

Hi! I am a new user of Reality XP. I have successfully installed the RXP 750/650 and Garmin software programs. I have positive results in FSX:SE and P3D 4.4. However, in FS9 SP1, the avionics suites do not pop up. In other words, the installation seems to be correct. I have used the stock, panel.cfg text, and I have also tried editing the text as I did in FSX & P3D. When I press the corresponding Shift+ command, there is no response for RXP 750/650 suite. I do have some screenshots of the installation sequence - I'll have to figure out how to post those if necessary or helpful in solving this issue.

Any thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Dave

Hi,

If you are referring to opening the Panel Assistant in FS9, there is no add-on menu. Instead, you right-click anywhere on the screen to display the FS9 popup menu and find the RXP menu entries embedded there, like indicated in the RXP User's Manual.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello, I believe I can successfully open the Panel Assistant to configure the panel, but when I use the Shift+ command to display the GTN 750, it does not display. I'll reread through the guide again to verify we are talking about the same thing. Thanks for the quick response!

Dave

These are screenshots of my installation sequence in the default FS9 C172...

71EJQEM.png

HyGXmxF.png

MsbDsRH.png

Here is Panel.CFG entries that were made...

islGH8E.png

kVjGQVt.png

Here, you can see the default Shift+ pop-ups display, but the GTN 750/650 stack do not display...

vi63L1o.png

I followed the same installation sequence in FSX:SE & P3Dv4.4 with successful results. Hopefully this defines the issue better. Thanks again!

Dave

Edited by New Light
Added text

Thank you for the additional screenshots, this helps!

The Panel Assistant is working fine it seems (panel.cfg properly modified). In you example, this adds a new window, [Window06]. In FltSim, press SHIFT+##+1 to toggle the window. In your case: SHIFT+7.

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Ok, I have retried with negative results. Shift+1-5 work fine. Shift+6-9 are still inoperative... Is there a different line that needs to be added for FS9?

Can you see the window listed in: Menu Views | Instrument Panel ?

• Like 1

Hmmm.... Actually, no the blue window with the shift commands does not show at all either...

I will have to go, but will pick up in a few hours. Thank you for the help!

Dave

Well, I tried a few minor edits in Panel.CFG in the C172 with the exact same results. I then tried loading the GTN 750/650 into the C182, also with the same negative results...

pZ5lbqP.png

13 hours ago, RXP said:

Can you see the window listed in: Menu Views | Instrument Panel ? 

13 hours ago, New Light said:

Actually, no the blue window with the shift commands does not show at all either

This is really peculiar: the panel.cfg shows it is correctly having a Window06 with the Reality XP GTN gauges, yet, your FS9 is not showing this window listed in the Menu Views | Instrument Panel. There is definitely something not right in your FS9 installation because this is just a Window## entry in a panel.cfg and every such Window## entry shall be listed.

Besides, what do you mean by "the blue window"?!?!?!

• Like 1

A few things I can see from your panel.cfg is [Wimdow06] should be right under [Window05] in the panel.cfg not at the bottom. IIRC FS9 has to have all sections in the order they are in the [Window Titles] section. Also i have never seen an always_visible= or zorder= entry in any FS9 panel.cfg. try removing those entries, it's also missing the position= entry,which should have a number 0 through 8 for that entry. Then cut/paste the [Window06] section to under [Window05] section and see if that helps.

• Like 2

There is just too much else that could be in the panel.cfg file that we are not seeing. 

Please use the Spoiler feature to post it. Click the eyeball icon just to the right of the Font box in the controls area above your message text.  That will open a shaded box.  Copy and past as text the entire contents from your panel.cfg file into that box after opening it in a text editor such as Notepad. 

When you submit, that text will be contained in a box that can be expanded or collapsed and will make this topic much more tidy.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Scorp said:

FS9 has to have all sections in the order they are in the [Window Titles] section. Also i have never seen an always_visible= or zorder= entry in any FS9 panel.cfg. try removing those entries, it's also missing the position= entry,which should have a number 0 through 8 for that entry.

Hi,

these are not necessary but if ever this makes any positive change to the issue, I'd be glad to be wrong.

In any INI file, any section can be in any order ( [Window##] ). Non-FS9 keys should be just ignored by FS9 (zorder= etc...) and the 'position' key is first optional in general, and unnecessary in this case because there is a window_pos = entry which has precedence.

It is all detailed at the source here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/panels_and_user_interface/panels/panel_configuration_files.html

• Like 1

I've seen window sections added to the bottom of the file without any adverse effect. What is important is that the window numbers must be in order. Are the windows in order here? We can't see [Window05] Mini panel.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

What is important is that the window numbers must be in order

Even this shouldn't make any difference but you never know.

Really this is the default C182 panel and we're testing with the default C172 in FS9.

What is possible is the panel.cfg has an invisible character before the added Window06 section which makes the FS9 INI file reader failing past that line (panel.cfg is a .ini type of file), or, it is saved in a text encoding which makes it fails.

It should be easy to find out using notepad++ for example and displaying both hidden chars and text encoding.

• Like 1