Sign in to follow this  
chrisdev01

Cheyenne III Beta Range Problem

Hello All:

I recently purchased the Carenado Piper Cheyenne III.

Despite following the Before Landing checklist precisely, I'm having trouble with the Beta range.

Specifically, when decelerating on the landing roll, I move the Power Levers on my CH Products throttle quadrant into Reverse Range, and the reverse thrust slows the aircraft down as expected.

I can her the props go into the beta range as expected.

The problem starts when I come out of beta range to taxi (throttle cut-off position at the detent); the aircraft lunges forward, accelerates and skids wildly on the runway (even under full braking).

After several seconds I can hear the turbines wind down and I am able to taxi as normal.

Has any one else experienced this problem? If so, were you able to fix it?

It is noteworthy to add that I am using the registered version of FSUIPC.  I do not have this issue with the Realair Turbine Duke using the exact same throttle quadrant calibration in FSUIPC.

I'm hoping this issue can be fixed so this aircraft does not end up in the bin alongside the other Carenado disappointments.

--Chris

Edited by chrisdev01

Chris,

I'm guessing you are using P3Dv4.4?  If so, there were changes to the fuel flow logic in 4.4 that causes the effect you see in a number of Carenado turboprops and others I suppose.  I am working a mod to both Carenado Cheyennes that alleviate the problem.  No timeline yet, however.

Regards,

Bill

• Like 1

Correct, I am on v4.4.

I look forward to your mod.

IIRC, wasn’t it you that did the Cheyenne II mods?

I’ve read good things about the Cheyenne II improvements you did; but I fear getting burned by Carenado yet again.

—Chris