Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

Ultimate Traffic Live with ICAO change

Hi guys,

For those of you who are using Ultimate Traffic Live - I was wondering if there's any solution to this particular problem: in South Africa, Johannesburg International was renamed to OR Tambo international a few years ago. The ICAO also changed from FAJS to FAOR. In addition to this, FADN (Durban International) was closed and a new airport FALE (King Shaka International) was opened nearby.

UTL doesn't see either of these two airports, however. P3D natively still seems them as FAJS and FADN, but if you install payware airports it changes the ICAO codes within P3D correctly to FAOR and FALE, respectively. However, if you go to FAOR, it's completely empty - because UTL still thinks traffic should depart from / land at FAJS, instead of FAOR.

With the lack of a powerpack, is there any way at all to fix this? FADN/FALE might be trickier since it's a completely new airport, but if I can at least get FAJS renamed to FAOR within UTL it will at least give me a major hub airport's traffic back.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

No it won't because the schedules of UTL will still send the planes to the airports with old codes.

Edit: and this applies also to the stock P3D traffic because this schedules also has the old codes. AI traffic at new airports will only then arrive when you also alter the schedules.

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

The schedule data they have uses iata not ICAO codes. 

For example JNB is FAOR and JNB was also FAJS. 

Same with Durban.  

All they have done is imported last summers sabre / gds schedules. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

The schedule data they have uses iata not ICAO codes. 

For example JNB is FAOR and JNB was also FAJS. 

Same with Durban.  

All they have done is imported last summers sabre / gds schedules. 

I've noticed that the flightboard still shows Johannesburg traffic when I'm in FAOR, yes - which is great. However, the situation on the ground doesn't reflect what the flight board says at all. Reason being, FAOR is completely devoid of any AI traffic. When I go to FACT, it works fine and has upwards of 10 aircraft (which is normal for a small airport like that), but in FAOR there should be 30+, not zero. The only AI i see in FAOR are 1 or 2 planes 20nm out with nothing parked at all.

Any ideas?

Edited by aktorsyl
  • Like 1

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

No it won't because the schedules of UTL will still send the planes to the airports with old codes. ...

Another proof of improper use of "live" in the product title.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Another proof of improper use of "live" in the product title.

Or wrong assumptions 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

10 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Or wrong assumptions 😉

Well, considering that FAJS changed to FAOR in 2013, and FADN was replaced by FALE in 2010... I don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect that they're renamed properly in any schedules, really. Seeing as the schedules containing FAJS has to be at least 6 years old by now.... ouch.

However, not the point of this thread :) I've accepted that it's not in there, so be it - but I'm hoping there's a way to get it to at least *somewhat* work.

Edited by aktorsyl

1 hour ago, aktorsyl said:

Well, considering that FAJS changed to FAOR in 2013, and FADN was replaced by FALE in 2010... I don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect that they're renamed properly in any schedules, really. Seeing as the schedules containing FAJS has to be at least 6 years old by now.... ouch.

Take a look from the other side: whats with the peole which has no 3rd party airports and relay on the stock airports? If UTL is updated with new schedules they will loose their AI traffic in favor of addon users.

Theres no joy without sorrow 😉

• Upvote 1

Signature3.png

4 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Take a look from the other side: whats with the peole which has no 3rd party airports and relay on the stock airports? If UTL is updated with new schedules they will loose their AI traffic in favor of addon users.

Theres no joy without sorrow 😉

Hahah indeed. Maybe if we could edit the files somehow. I tried editing all the xml's and txt's in the AppData folder to replace FAJS with FAOR, but that just broke everything. Reverted it back to stock for now. If the schedules are using IATA codes then they should be fine (since the IATA is still just JNB), just not sure why the airport's empty - the parking positions haven't changed between FAJS and FAOR except for a few new ones in GA.

Edited by aktorsyl

Just a thought here... You could try the UT Live forums, perhaps someone there has had the same or a similar issue, and knows of a workaround. Might be worth a try...

2 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

I've noticed that the flightboard still shows Johannesburg traffic when I'm in FAOR, yes - which is great. However, the situation on the ground doesn't reflect what the flight board says at all. Reason being, FAOR is completely devoid of any AI traffic. When I go to FACT, it works fine and has upwards of 10 aircraft (which is normal for a small airport like that), but in FAOR there should be 30+, not zero. The only AI i see in FAOR are 1 or 2 planes 20nm out with nothing parked at all.

Any ideas?

Go in the information.xml (I believe under Appdata) and look for FAOR. There you will probably find: hasParking = False. Change it to hasParking = True and you should be fine. That's how I activated traffic on quite a few airports, that don't exist in the default database (i.e. VTBS, UGTB, and others... ). I am sure it will be the same for FAOR

• Like 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

2 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

However, not the point of this thread :) I've accepted that it's not in there, so be it - but I'm hoping there's a way to get it to at least *somewhat* work.

I've been raising this issue since UT2 days, also now with UT Live. You will see my remarks in their forum. I never found a work around so have just lived without traffic at those locations. Strangely enough, I have recently installed Traffic Global (early access) and FAOR and FALE are populated with aircraft.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

46 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Go in the information.xml (I believe under Appdata) and look for FAOR. There you will probably find: hasParking = False. Change it to hasParking = True and you should be fine. That's how I activated traffic on quite a few airports, that don't exist in the default database (i.e. VTBS, UGTB, and others... ). I am sure it will be the same for FAOR

Great stuff. Will try this sometime.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

7 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I've been raising this issue since UT2 days, also now with UT Live. You will see my remarks in their forum. I never found a work around so have just lived without traffic at those locations. Strangely enough, I have recently installed Traffic Global (early access) and FAOR and FALE are populated with aircraft.

I've actually been looking into TG, but wasn't too sure if it's a good idea. As far as I know it uses bgls instead of injection (as UTL does), so doesn't performance take a hit?

PS: Does TG have Kulula, Mango and Safair?

Edited by aktorsyl