Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

Ultimate Traffic Live with ICAO change

2 minutes ago, Hypofx said:

@aktorsyl What's your opinion on TG? 

I have no idea, @Peter Webber is the one using it :)

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

2 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

I've actually been looking into TG, but wasn't too sure if it's a good idea. As far as I know it uses bgls instead of injection (as UTL does), so doesn't performance take a hit?

PS: Does TG have Kulula, Mango and Safair?

Has Mango, SAA, BA. No Safair or Kulula. But at least I see FAOR, FALE populated. Haven't had time to check further into it but no performance hit noticed. The only difference is to set the air traffic sliders within P3D.

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Go in the information.xml (I believe under Appdata) and look for FAOR. There you will probably find: hasParking = False. Change it to hasParking = True and you should be fine. That's how I activated traffic on quite a few airports, that don't exist in the default database (i.e. VTBS, UGTB, and others... ). I am sure it will be the same for FAOR

Unfortunately FAJS does seem to have parking enabled, so it's not that easy of a fix 😞  Seems the issue must be with the ICAO, then (FAJS vs FAOR). Again, though, changing FAJS to FAOR in all the xml files just causes UTL to go into a loop and crash when you start a flight. Suspect it's because the schedule files (which we cannot edit) contains FAJS and it gets all upset when it doesn't find FAJS in the xml's.

<airport_information>
      <iata>JNB</iata>
      <icao>FAJS</icao>
      <name>Johannesburg Intl</name>
      <city>Johannesburg</city>
      <state />
      <country>South Africa</country>
      <iso>ZAF</iso>
      <location_name>Johannesburg, South Africa</location_name>
      <isoTZ>Africa/Johannesburg</isoTZ>
      <hasIntl>true</hasIntl>
      <isLarge>true</isLarge>
      <rank>3</rank>
      <loc>
        <Lat>-26.1336945</Lat>
        <Lon>28.24231667</Lon>
      </loc>
      <alt>5558</alt>
      <hasParking>true</hasParking>
      <parkingPacked>25|6|0|13|26|11|0</parkingPacked>
      <smlDestinations>FAPN|FAWI</smlDestinations>
      <medDestinations>FABL|FAMN|FAPH|FASZ|FAUL|FBTP|FXMM</medDestinations>
      <lrgDestinations>FABL|FADN|FAEL|FAKM|FAPH|FAUL|FAUP|FBFT|FBMN|FQMA|FQVL|FVBU|FVWN|FXMM</lrgDestinations>
    </airport_information>

Edited by aktorsyl

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

I wouldn't try to CHANGE the airports in the .xml but instead to ADD them! Copy FAJS, add it at the bottom of the airports informations, change the data to FAOR etc. and try again.

And as always: first backup the .xml and use notepad++

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

11 hours ago, Nemo said:

Another proof of improper use of "live" in the product title.

Is not live, the recent schedules they used as an update a few weeks ago are from summer 2018 which they have released in winter 2018-19, the  current season. 

Not only is it not 'live'  the winter update schedules are not winter either they are summer and some 4 months old if you take mid August, the busiest week of the year as a reference point. 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Or wrong assumptions 😉

Explan how any aspect of the 'live tag line' is accurate please, just one please. 

I'll agree with dave yvr that Its the best out there, but there's nothing 'live' about it 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

30 minutes ago, tooting said:

Explan how any aspect of the 'live tag line' is accurate please, just one please. 

The problem is that some people readed something into this word "LIVE" that never was advertised as function.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

They also don't and never have advertised it as Live Traffic, it's written right in the product description.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

They also don't and never have advertised it as Live Traffic, it's written right in the product description.

I think the point is being missed here. As the OP has mentioned, such as myself, he is choosing to fly outside of the more popular flight sim areas of the planet (US, UK, Europe, etc) and we are finding over the years that some products are simply not compatible with other areas in the world. I have been using UT2, and went to UT Live based on the advertised "real world AI flights worldwide" (notice the words "real" and "world"). Once again, MAJOR airports in southern Africa are completely devoid of traffic and flying into MAJOR hubs (FAOR, FALE) is similar to flying into a ghost town. Now understandably, this would not matter to the majority of users who choose to fly in the areas of the world where most of these products are designed for, but in other areas, they simply do not work. I really thought UT Live had "real world schedules". How can FAJS be real world? My sim is up to date with airports in southern Africa but I am penalized for taking the time and money to get my sim that way? I am not "knocking" the product! It's great that developers are active in our hobby. But I have been trying over the years to get the product to work "world wide". I have been on their forum with the same concern but it seems to fall on deaf ears (where was it advertised as live, etc, etc). We just want it to work world wide! not only in US, UK. In fact, the updated schedule "removed" more AI traffic from FACT. This is what I also experienced with UT2. So the bottom line is they should be providing "real world AI flights worlwide" as advertised and not schedules that are made to work with out of date simulators.

Regards.

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

19 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Take a look from the other side: whats with the peole which has no 3rd party airports and relay on the stock airports? If UTL is updated with new schedules they will loose their AI traffic in favor of addon users.

Theres no joy without sorrow 😉

I humbly disagree. If you mainly fly in European airspace than this probably would not really affect you. I purchased the product due to "real world AI flights worldwide". So those with stock airports should understand the product will not work with any out of date scenery. And the powerpack should then allow those with stock airports to modify the utility to be able to be used with old scenery, not the other way around. We need to move on. Not be trapped in 2006. It's the "real world AI flights world wide" that got me hooked! Only to be disappointed once again.

Regards.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Getting hold of up to the minute real world plans for the complete world is not what 'live' means. Live refers to real world *flights that are available* are used and combined with the live weather feed for more realistic traffic activity.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Give me one good reason except of marketing purposes why they did not call it UT3 or something else. IMO "Live" is at least misleading and should have been avoided. Anyway, UTL is currently(!) the best commercial ai-addon what I know.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

They also advertised power pack coming shortly. 

The word 'live' is in the bloody title of the product they are selling Dave. Come on. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

live weather feed for more realistic traffic activity.

Meaning? 

14ppkc-6.png

20 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Give me one good reason except of marketing purposes why they did not call it UT3 or something else. IMO "Live" is at least misleading and should have been avoided.

Absolutly agree. They could of called it 'ultimate traffic donuts' then and says in a one liner 'this product does not reassemble or having any links to round unhealthy sugary cakes 

14ppkc-6.png