Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

Ultimate Traffic Live with ICAO change

The common superlatives Publishers choose for their products are "questionable", of course. Think of Aerosofts "Mega Professional" Airports for expample. Whats next, "Mega Hyper Professional"?

But thats not the point here, this names only let me roll the eyes, nothing more. This are just names, you also won't buy a car just because it has a cool name. You read the technical data and descripton.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Guys, going off topic here. Semantics aside, myself and the OP are just asking for a product to supply AI traffic to FALE and FAOR. And unfortunately UT Live fails to provide that. Yes, it's a great product, if you happen to fly in supported areas where outdated liveries may be your only frustration. But any fix will be welcome to allow me to use this product again.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Take a look at the last version of UTL_FP, available in the forum of Alpha India Group. Since yesterday it has a new function to add new airports to UTL database, a great little tool with more upcoming features which is slowly growing to a poor mans "UTL Powerpack".

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Take a look at the last version of UTL_FP, available in the forum of Alpha India Group. Since yesterday it has a new function to add new airports to UTL database, a great little tool with more upcoming features which is slowly growing to a poor mans "UTL Powerpack".

Great, Will take a look. Never heard of this.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 hours ago, tooting said:

Meaning? 

UTL takes navdata from Aerosoft and plans the routes using airways and SID/STARS taking into account weather from a server.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

So this is a common problem with UTLive. The other airport that is frequently complained about is OTHH. The good news is that YES this can be changed. The bad news is that it requires an ton of work. I have done it for OTHH and two or three other airports that didn't exist in UTL, and it works flawlessly. Even got VHHX to be full of life again. These are the steps that need to be taken:

- Edit some of UTLive's core files, notably the informaiton.xml (which stores basic airport information such as ICAO code, location etc) and the parkings.txt (contains informaiton about available parking spaces, or so I assume)

- Verify that your changes don't make UTL crash on startup and if all is good, whether the 'new' airport shows up in the UI of UTL.

- Import new schedules referencing the new ICAO for all airlines that use this airport. I use schedules from either AIG or UTT. I tend to take a look in AI Flight Planner first, and make any changes I deem necessary for it to work well within UTL. Then I use AIG's nice UTL_FP utility, which converts the txt-based flight plans from AIG and UTT to UTL's XML format. You then place that file in the addon schedules folder of UTL, and make sure it's active in UTL's UI.

- Deactivate the existing, default schedules in the UTL UI, and go ahead assigning aircraft to the new schedule. Note that when you use the traffic board within UTL's UI you will still see both old and new schedules, but if you did it correctly, the default schedules will not actually show up in the sim. I guess that's a bug that needs to be squashed at some point...

Again, I have followed this procedure to enable OTHH, URRP, ORNI and VHHX, with great success. Just be prepared for a lot of schedule swapping... More informaiton cna be found at the FLight1 UTL forum, where entire threads are dedicated to this stuff. Please have a look here: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=17537&PN=1&title=new-airports It details how to add OTHH, but it works the same for any other airport.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

Great, Will take a look. Never heard of this.

You won't regret it, i use this tool nearly every day and Koala, the dev of this tool, is very open to ideas for new functions!

Signature3.png

10 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I had no idea it incorporated this functionality! I'll take a look. Thanks for mentioning it Joe! My version is from some months ago, so perhaps it got added in the meantime.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks guys, awesome advice!

I've considered adding FAOR as a second airport (in addition to FAJS) - the problem is that both have the same IATA code (JNB) so not sure what UTL is going to do when it sees this, though.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

5 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

I've considered adding FAOR as a second airport (in addition to FAJS) - the problem is that both have the same IATA code (JNB) so not sure what UTL is going to do when it sees this, though.

The schedules rely only on the ICAO so i guess it won't be a problem. You can give it a try, backup the xml before and you're safe.

Signature3.png

4 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

This is not a problem in my experience. As Joe said, the schedules rely on ICAO code so everything should be fine.

Benjamin van Soldt